From: David Cameron - IRLP
Sent: May 14, 2020 10:30 AM
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [IRLP] DTMF tones not recognized

This is not a common problem, but it creeps up from time to time.

What radio are you using for the node radio? What audio source are you

using in the radio? If the source is not a squelched, de-emphasized

source, then the DTMF decoder is not able to decode due to the variance

in levels in the tones.

What audio output are you using from the node radio? If it is a

discriminator source, that is the problem.

Also, if the level of the audio from the node radio to the node is

either very high or very low, it can affect the ability for the decoder

to work. What is the input audio settings like on the alsamixer screen?

David Cameron

VE7LTD