One other thought is to make sure you are using 25KHz wide mode in the TYT-9000D for the receiver bandwidth. You can also try 20KHz and 12.5KHz to see if it affects the decode ability.

Something is out of alignment - either the sending radios or the receiving radio. The adjustment of the IF in the receiver is suspect on the cheap TYT radio.

Dave Cameron

On 2020-05-14 11:08 a.m., Albert Febraro wrote:
David:
  I am using the TYT-9000D UHF radio for my node.
The audio source comes directly from the radio main board (RX Audio) to the mic input to a SYBA USB sound adaptor to the Pi.
The alsamixer MIC input  is set to 33.
When I run the audio test , it passes the test using voice through my Alinco Ht. It fails if I send a DTMF tone for 8 seconds (reports 0 clipping, ) audio).
 Thanks,
Al,
W6AAX
On 2020-05-14 9:13 a.m., Albert Febraro wrote:
This may be a common issue but being new to IRLP I'm still fine tuning my node and learning. The issue is that when I send DTMF tones from different radios the node does not recognize the tones. I have one radio (Kenwood TH-F6) that when I transmit tones the node doesn't decode them at all, however another radio (Alinco DJ-MD5) works perfectly. What is interesting is that when I'm using my mobile radio (ICOM ID-5100) I can bring up the echo node 9993, but cannot disconnect. I send a "73" but I only hear the 7 when the node returns the echoed audio. My audio levels are adjusted correctly as far as I can tell. I then have to disconnect with a different radio. When I use the Alinco HT, I get good reports audio and received audio is fine.
Al
W6AAX
node 3913