It appears that the variable resistor VR1 controls the level of the audio to CON6, which is where the audio is being pulled from that you are using in your node. That being said, no idea what revision of board you have, if the 220 and 440 models are different in the audio section, etc. Your system may vary.

Based on the levels of gain you need to adjust the audio (in alsamixer), I am going to wager a guess that the level FROM the radio is very low, and the decoder chip is having an issue with not enough audio.

David Cameron

On 2020-05-14 11:42 a.m., Albert Febraro wrote:
 The auto gain has an "OO" in it. Second Mic setting or Capture is set to 44 at the moment. You make an interesting point about the TYT level at the connector. I guess I can put a scope on it at some point and try to measure it if that is possible.
Again, thanks for all the troubleshooting help.
Al
On 2020-05-14 11:08 a.m., Albert Febraro wrote:
David:
    I am using the TYT-9000D UHF radio for my node.
The audio source comes directly from the radio main board (RX Audio) to the mic input to a SYBA USB sound adaptor to the Pi.
The alsamixer MIC input  is set to 33.
When I run the audio test , it passes the test using voice through my Alinco Ht. It fails if I send a DTMF tone for 8 seconds (reports 0 clipping, ) audio).
   Thanks,
Al,
W6AAX
On 2020-05-14 9:13 a.m., Albert Febraro wrote:
This may be a common issue but being new to IRLP I'm still fine tuning my node and learning. The issue is that when I send DTMF tones from different radios the node does not recognize the tones. I have one radio (Kenwood TH-F6) that when I transmit tones the node doesn't decode them at all, however another radio (Alinco DJ-MD5) works perfectly. What is interesting is that when I'm using my mobile radio (ICOM ID-5100) I can bring up the echo node 9993, but cannot disconnect. I send a "73" but I only hear the 7 when the node returns the echoed audio. My audio levels are adjusted correctly as far as I can tell. I then have to disconnect with a different radio. When I use the Alinco HT, I get good reports audio and received audio is fine.
Al
W6AAX
node 3913