From: IRLP@irlp.groups.io <IRLP@irlp.groups.io> on behalf of David Cameron - IRLP <dcameron@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 2:05 PM
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io <IRLP@irlp.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [IRLP] DTMF tones not recognized

Based on a schematic found here:
http://k4nha.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/TYT_TH-9000_VHF-220-260MHz_Schematics_2.pdf

On page 2, section C1 you will see the 47K variable VR1 that takes a
portion of the audio to ground. The more you turn that VR1 to ground,
the less audio will appear on the 6-pin connector CON6. SO the level
RX-A on the schematic will raise or lower with changes to VR1. This
looks identical to the Alinco DR-135T, and I know I have been down this
road before.

It appears that the variable resistor VR1 controls the level of the
audio to CON6, which is where the audio is being pulled from that you
are using in your node. That being said, no idea what revision of board
you have, if the 220 and 440 models are different in the audio section,
etc. Your system may vary.

Based on the levels of gain you need to adjust the audio (in alsamixer),
I am going to wager a guess that the level FROM the radio is very low,
and the decoder chip is having an issue with not enough audio.

David Cameron