Re: Debian upgrade breaks IRLP?

James <james@...>

Hmm.  OK.

Strange that OpenVPN works though.  The port forwards are the same, and it shouldn't have made any changes.

I'll play around with the router.

Thanks!

James
KL2ZZ

On 5/14/20 4:34 PM, k9dc wrote:
I think there is a problem with your router. When I attempt to connect to your node on port 15425, it works, but it gives me the wrong IP address

repeater@tigger:~$ telnet stn7295 15425
Trying 24.237.7.242...
Connected to stn7295.
Escape character is '^]'.
stn7295 - kl2zz : Welcome 192.168.2.1

That is incorrect. It should say: Welcome 75.48.51.3

Which is my public IP. Something is causing external connections to NAT’d to your router internal IP.

-k9dc

On May 14, 2020, at 19:59, James <@kl2zz> wrote:

Hello all -

I've been dealing with a bit of a mystery for the past couple of days.

I run IRLP node 7295 using a 3.0 board mounted in an HP desktop, running Debian 10. The node feeds an NHRC-7 controller, which is in turn connected to a Kenwood TKR-750.

This setup has been extremely stable.

There have been some changes over the years, with the last hardware change being in 2019 when the old computer I was using started to fail, so I switched to a new HP.

Additional software is only OpenVPN as a secondary control link so I can disable the node from my phone if need be.

I have verified my router's port forwarding with nmap from my work, and I can see the open TCP ports, and when connected to the echo reflector I can also see the open UDP ports. My OpenVPN connection is still working as well, so I don't think there is a problem with the router or internal network.

scripts/audiotest works fine

I emulated that same test with `bin/key; play /usr/bin/soundtest.wav; bin/unkey` and that works. I didn't really need to do that, I was just at a point where I wanted something to work the way I thought it would. :)

So I'm confident that the IRLP node is sending audio to the NHRC-7, which is sending audio to the Kenwood, which is transmitting it.

scripts/audio_level_test also works, so I believe that the proper microphone is selected and the volume is correct. (Which means the Kenwood should be sending audio to the NHRC-7, which is sending it to the node right?) I get no clipping and an audio level of 69/100.

So everything SHOULD be working as far as I can tell. I've even done a re-install of the IRLP node from backup so I should have the latest & greatest IRLP files.

But I get no audio from IRLP. I can connect to the echo reflector and transmit to the node, but watching my router I don't see traffic other than the initial data connection. And I don't get any hint of a reply back from the echo reflector.

Any ideas? What am I missing?

Thanks!

James
KL2ZZ