Re: Debian upgrade breaks IRLP?

k9dc

Your router needs to NAT outbound to your public IP 24.237.7.242. But it should leave inbound connections alone and not NAT to your router address of 192.168.2.1. That appears to be what it is doing. Sorry I do not use OpenWRT here, so I cannot help much beyond that.

Using IRLP VPN would also probably fix it, but that should not be necessary. As DaveC said, nothing about upgrading Debian would affect your routing.

-k9dc

On May 15, 2020, at 00:03, James <@kl2zz> wrote:

192.168.2.1 is the OpenWRT router.

192.168.2.10 is the node.

I tried turning off NAT on the OpenWRT router, and internet doesn't work at all. So I think it is designed to do that.

I did the telnet test, and I get reliable 2-way communication. (Well, sort of. I don't know how to interact beyond prompting the node to challenge me and then disconnect.)

And as I mentioned, the troubleshoot_irlp script reports success. It says that inbound TCP and UDP are good.

I'm not sure the NAT issue would have come up at exactly the same time as the node was updated. Perhaps I'll download the IRLP Debian 10 image and start over, but it is frustrating as everything seems to work.

On 5/14/20 7:38 PM, David Cameron - IRLP wrote:
What is the IP of the node behind the router? What is 192.168.2.1?