Re: Debian upgrade breaks IRLP?

James <james@...>

You should be able to telnet to TCP 15425 and get your correct external IP in the response header.  Hopefully we can rule out the router at this point.

I'm back to my original question:

* scripts/troubleshoot-irlp runs successfully.  (See below)

* scripts/audio_level_test runs successfully, so I believe I have the right microphone selected in the sound system, and audio from the Kenwood is reaching the node computer.

* I can hear the local files (connected to, or files I play with key/unkey) so I know that the node is sending audio out to the Kenwood.

But if I connect to a reflector, there is no audio.  Further, I can watch network traffic with iptables and there are no UDP packets arriving at the node.  (But I can see the UDP packets arriving when I run the troubleshoot-irlp script.)  There are some TCP packets coming in when I connect/disconnect.  And the IRLP status page reflects these changes immediately, so I assume that's part of the traffic.

So it is like the node says it is connecting, but is not actually connecting.

Thanks!

James
KL2ZZ

-----

**********************************
*TCP and UDP Port Forwarding Test*
**********************************

Performing INBOUND UDP and TCP Port Forwarding Test
Detecting Incoming IP = 24.237.7.242
Testing TCP and UDP ports .. done.

TEST No. 2a REPORT - TCP PASS - TCP port 15425 is forwarded correctly.
Waiting 4 seconds .... done.
TEST No. 2b REPORT - UDP PASS - UDP ports 2074-2093 are forwarded correctly.
TEST No. 2c REPORT - EchoLink UDP ERROR - The following UDP port(s):
 5198  5199  is/are not forwarded correctly.

Performing OUTBOUND Port Test
Testing OUTBOUND TCP and UDP ports ........................... done.

TEST No. 3 REPORT - PASS - All the ports are working OUTBOUND correctly

Press ENTER to continue :

On 5/14/20 9:01 PM, James wrote:
OK. I'll install a new router.  I'm pretty sure I have an old Linksys around with commercial firmware in it.

Amazing coincidence that the upgrade and router malfunction occurred at the same time.  That's puzzling to me.  But if it's the router, it's the router.

On 5/14/20 8:30 PM, David Cameron - IRLP wrote:
Your router is acting as some sort of proxy.

Rebuilding won't change this.

Dave