Re: Login and Password

k9dc

There is no node 2266 in the network. If it has been down for more than 90 days (sounds like years in your case), it may have been deleted.

At the very least, you will need to perform a new installation from scratch. Depending on how old it is, that may not be possible without upgrading the hardware. The very first embedded nodes only had 256 MB of flash onboard and actually ran totally from RAM, using a now antique version of Slackware. Newer embedded nodes came with 2 to 8 GB of flash and ran a conventional IRLP installation.

The user ID to log in will be root. But without the password you will not bae able to get in. There a number of methods to perform a password replacement on boot, but you will need to know what OS is on board to perform a search for the procedure. What does it say on the local console after it boots?

Your best bet may be to reach out (email) to installs@ irlp.net and ask for assistance, DaveC monitors installs email, and he may be able to help you figure out exactly what you have.

-k9dc

On May 23, 2020, at 11:46, Michael Dougherty <m.dougherty@...> wrote:

Hello,

I am new to IRLP. A few years ago I purchased a used working imbedded node from a licensed amateur. I had to delay my amateur radio project for health issues. Now that I am back I would like to get my node working. I tried to re-program the node (it will boot) however I cannot login as I do not have the login and password codes. I tried to contact the previous owner and amateur who programmed the node without in success. They may have moved or passed away let alone remember the login and password. When I purchased the node there was a 13 page manual written by Dave VE7LTD with no mention of the login user ID and password.

Any suggestions as to reset the user ID login and password or will I have to re-install the software.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Michael Dougherty
VE2DPD