From: IRLP@irlp.groups.io <IRLP@irlp.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Cameron -
IRLP
Sent: 25 mai 2020 11:46
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [IRLP] Login and Password

That sounds like one of the first revisions, based on the VIA ML6000.
With only 256M of RAM, it will struggle running Debian 10, but it will work.
I have sold embedded upgrade kits to others running that same hardware.

You could recover and reuse the IRLP board. Perhaps consider converting it
into a Pi-based node with some minor modification.

I have considered making another batch of upgrade kits for embedded node
owners that want to breathe new life into their old nodes. The problem is I
need more than just a single order to make it worthwhile.

This kit would take a snapshot of your node and expand it out onto a new
flash drive (8GB or larger) to bring you up to date with the software.
The current hardware is all capable except the flash disk. I would make the
kits for $130, which includes Air Post shipping.

David Cameron

On 2020-05-25 8:12 a.m., Michael Dougherty wrote:
Hello Dave,

Thanks for the information.

My embedded node's OS is sys linux 3.10. Init ver 2.84 and linux
2.4.32 IRLP

Main processor is C2 667 A Mhz 133x5.0. RAM 229376K memory - DDR266 DIMM
2.5-3-3 256 M Transcend. Primary Master Transcend 2.0 Flash drive
Transcend 40 pin IDE Flash module 128. Mother board EPIA-ML rev A

IRLP V3.00 I/O interface 2002.

In the document that you sent, the screens don't seem to be quite the
same as pictured.

Even if I can ''reset'' the password, will this node still work
properly or is the hardware and software outdated ?

Can the motherboard be upgraded.

Can the software be upgraded

Can I salvage anything such as the IRLP board V 3.00

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks for your help.

Mike
VE2DPD