You should update these nodes to Debian 9 at least, and then try it with the update openvpn.

Updating a Debian node in place is not overly complicated. Debian 7 is no longer supported though, so the first step is not simple. There are lots of sites online that describe the update process. Just google "update debian 7 to 9" (or 7 to 8, then 8 to 9 etc.)

David Cameron

On 2020-06-10 9:56 a.m., Klaus Rung via groups.io wrote:
So are you saying I should wait until the update to see if things stay working?
On Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 12:53:38 p.m. EDT, David Cameron - IRLP <dcameron@...> wrote:
Its in a comment in ipupdate, and I recently fixed the script for the
find_best_server. It will be in the next update.
I also updated the web DYNDNS timeout to 5 seconds. It is not a time
critical piece, but adds delay into anything calling ipupdate if there
is a DNS problem.
Those errors will still exist, but it will show a different IP (which is
valid).
When the node has no internet, it will keep trying to connect, and throw
errors when it doesn't connect.
David Cameron