Re: Deb 13.03

Klaus Rung

Ok thanks Dave, guess it has changed from being default of mute on as standard.

Klaus
ve3kr

On Friday, June 12, 2020, 12:32:58 p.m. EDT, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2020, at 12:17, Klaus Rung via groups.io <k_rung=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> I recently installed the latest 13.03 debian, added EchoIRLP using the new updated Echolink audio fixes and all works fine now except the dtmf is not muting during any dialing sequence or 73. Is this a problem generally or is it just in my node and if it is a general problem with all the new installs is there a fix for this to bring back muting of the dtmf so it does not get to the other end of the link?
>
> Klaus
> ve3kr
> 249

You have to set the environment variable
export USE_MUTE_SCRIPTS=YES

Then configure two files custom/mute_on and custom/mute_off to mute your sound card.

Here are the files I use with my DN2800MT motherboard.  You have to figure out the amixer commands that work with your motherboard.  My files below also mute audio across the repeater controller script, which you may not be using.

If your sound card has a CD input, that should still work. But most embedded chipsets do not have a CD input, thus requiring the mute scripts.

mute_on

#!/bin/bash
# This script is run by the dtmf program when dtmf is detected and the
# USE_MUTE_SCRIPTS environment variable is set to YES. It works in
# conjuction with the mute_off script. Both must be present.

# Place the command from aumix (OSS) or amixer (ALSA) that mutes
# the input during DTMF detection.
# DTMF Mute commands
# Audio toward the network
amixer -c 0 set "Capture" nocap mute  >/dev/null 2>&1
# Local repeater controller audio
amixer -c 0 set "Rear Mic" nocap mute  >/dev/null 2>&1

mute_off

#!/bin/bash
# This script is run by the dtmf program when dtmf is no longer detected
# and the USE_MUTE_SCRIPTS environment variable is set to YES. It works
# in conjuction with the mute_on script. Both must be present.

# Place the command from aumix (OSS) or amixer (ALSA) that unmutes
# the input following a mute from DTMF detection.
# Audio toward the network
amixer -c 0 set "Capture" cap unmute  >/dev/null 2>&1
# Local repeater controller audio
amixer -c 0 set "Rear Mic" cap unmute  >/dev/null 2>&1