Re: Kenwood TM-281A with PI-Irlp node

Milt Duquette

Good morning Ken

What is the difference  in Pre-ground on pin 3 versus power ground on Pin 10?

Is that where our hum noise coming from on Power ground.  So have to move the wire from pin 10- pin 3?
The book it came with my new radio  doesn’t have the new ic in the schematics . Hope you can send me the new version of schematics and printouts.

VE6MLD
Thanks

Milt Duquette

1 (403) 928-1000 (cell)

Web:  http://www.photosbymilt.ca

Emails:

miltduquette@...

Twitter: @milt_duquette

On Jun 29, 2020, at 8:10 PM, Milt Duquette via groups.io <Miltduquette@...> wrote:

Good evening Ken

The latest phot yo sent us is that green wire to DTMF  a shielded wire?

Where would we find squelched audio ?

If possible could you get rid of the shadow above the dumf wire and paper to see where you are putting the ground.  Is that where the hum was coming from on transmit?

<image0.jpeg>

<image1.jpeg>

Thanks

Milt Duquette

1 (403) 928-1000 (cell)

Web:  http://www.photosbymilt.ca

Emails:

miltduquette@...

Twitter: @milt_duquette

<Milt's Overlay Logo - Black on White 1 x1-1-Quick Preset_175x175.jpg>

On Jun 29, 2020, at 4:13 PM, Milt Duquette via groups.io <Miltduquette@...> wrote:

Good afternoon Ken

Yes the chip looks right and we did the same modes to it

But the COS is always on the irlp even if we change the jumper to high or low   until u physically turn off the radio. The tx light lights up when transmit comes on . When the IRLP node is transmitting it has noise and hum behind it and loud

When I key  the radio it does not turn on the irlp node yellow led for DTMF
The radio works ok by itself.

The Kenwood TM-D710G works great on the irlp levels all ok..

You have any recommendations.  This is a Raspberry Pi/IRLP node I purchase about a year ago.No Computer

Thanks

Milt Duquette

1 (403) 928-1000 (cell)

Web:  http://www.photosbymilt.ca

Emails:

miltduquette@...

Twitter: @milt_duquette

<Milt's Overlay Logo - Black on White 1 x1-1-Quick Preset_175x175.jpg>

On Jun 29, 2020, at 1:32 PM, Ken Arck <ken@...> wrote:

<20191103_173238.jpg>