Connected to Echolink on/off announcements

Stephen Hutchings

In our configuration, the node announces "Connected to Echolink, (callsign) connected!". Currently only the first station connected is announced, and subsequent ones are not. The last station leaving the conference is announced.

We have disabled the announcement to the connecting station that "the local node is busy". Reasoning was that during a net, a connecting station keeps getting the busy message as there are few breaks during the net, and they never know (from there remote location) when the repeater is active or not.

We would like to DISABLE the "Connected to Echolink (callsign), Connected!" messages AND the station disconnected messages from being played locally, as they interrupt a net that is already on the air.

Stephen Hutchings WM7X