Re: Connected to Echolink on/off announcements

k9dc

No. IRLP only allows a single node at a time to connect. Installing EchoIRLP does not change that basic characteristic.

Actually it is technically possible to allow more than one Echolink station to connect, but Echolink.org does not allow it. An EchoIRLP installation appears as a conference to the Echolink network. If you configure the conference to allow more than two stations to connect, you will be blocked from the echolink network. Not by IRLP, but it is a policy violation of the Echolink network which they do not allow. Echolink (org) requires folks to pay a fee to operate a conference. But they allow a conference allowing only two stations.

-k9dc

On Jul 1, 2020, at 02:02, Stephen Hutchings <stephen@...> wrote:

In our configuration, the node announces "Connected to Echolink, (callsign) connected!". Currently only the first station connected is announced, and subsequent ones are not. The last station leaving the conference is announced.

We have disabled the announcement to the connecting station that "the local node is busy". Reasoning was that during a net, a connecting station keeps getting the busy message as there are few breaks during the net, and they never know (from there remote location) when the repeater is active or not.

We would like to DISABLE the "Connected to Echolink (callsign), Connected!" messages AND the station disconnected messages from being played locally, as they interrupt a net that is already on the air.

Stephen Hutchings WM7X