Re: Echolink AND IRLP use concurrently

On 1/7/20 4:05 pm, Stephen Hutchings wrote:
We use an EchoPirlp node and have nightly nets in which up to 7-9
stations connect to participate. We also have another repeater system
looking to connect IRLP to us at the same time so that their area can
participate in the net.

So, can IRLP and Echolink play together well in this situation?

In a word:  no.  EchoIRLP is designed to prohibit this type of cross
connection, because end nodes cross linking networks is a very bad thing.

There are two ways around this issue:

1.  Use one of the many dual mode reflectors, and have all nodes connect
to that - IRLP and Echolink.

2.  Setup an experimental node using thelinkbox (tlb).  Register this
node on Echolink, so the Echolink stations can find it, and you will
need to ask Dave Cameron for an experimental node number.  Any IRLP node
wanting to join your net needs to akkiw connections to experimental nodes.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com