Re: Kenwood TM-V71

Ted VE3TRQ

I run the Kenwood TM-V71 alongside a couple of UHF and VHF Motorola link radios. I find the VHF side of the Kenwood is very badly desensed by the nearby VHF link radio transmitter. Its front end simply cannot properly handle the presence of a transmit signal 600 KHz away from its receive frequency. I have a 2m transverter in my K3 that is mostly unaffected by the link radio, with the same antenna on it.

So, the front end of that TM-V71 is pretty open (no surprise there, its intended as a mobile radio). But if its the only radio, it should be fine.

Ted VE3TRQ
Nodes 2403 / 2404