Re: $LOCAL/active

Dave K9DC

I don’t know much about experimental operations, but doesn’t disconnecting from them involve calling the ‘end’ script, just like other calls? ‘end’ takes care of deleting local/active (i thought). Perhaps comparing ‘experimental_call’ to ‘call’ might yield something. But since EXP nodes really act more like reflectors, perhaps there needs to be something special added, since generally reflectors never drop callers, disconnects are requested only from the originating end of the call.

Maybe you could handle it by adding code to custom/custom_off

-k9dc

On Jul 14, 2020, at 13:31, Dave Parks - WB8ODF via groups.io <wb8odf=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello to all,

It's been a while since I have posted here. One of my scripts doesn't work and I know the "WHY" but I'm at a loss as to "HOW" to fix it.

When my node connects to the exp reflector 0016 to listen to Amateur Radio Newsline it creates the "$LOCAL/active" file containing exp0016 as it should. When the news is finished it disconnects you, again... as it should but it doesn't remove the "$LOCAL/active" file so, my I script doesn't know 0016 has disconnected.

Any ideas? Is this a bug/feature of experimental reflectors?

A temporary fix is to time the news cast (as it rarely runs over 20 minutes) so I could set a timer to stop the script at 22 minutes or so, but I'd really rather get to the bottom of this issue.

Thanks All