From: IRLP@irlp.groups.io [mailto:IRLP@irlp.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Cameron - IRLP
Sent: Wednesday, 15 July 2020 6:41 AM
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [IRLP] $LOCAL/active

Well "it" disconnects, but your node doesn't. Calls to reflectors (and
experimental nodes) are fairly blind in that there is not an underlying
TCP channel to send/receive info.

So your node will continue to be "connected" there until you issue the
"end" command on your end, either by DTMF, by being "blocked", or by
timeout or some other timer.

On 14/07/2020 11:18 a.m., k9dc wrote:
I don’t know much about experimental operations, but doesn’t disconnecting from them involve calling the ‘end’ script, just like other calls? ‘end’ takes care of deleting local/active (i thought). Perhaps comparing ‘experimental_call’ to ‘call’ might yield something. But since EXP nodes really act more like reflectors, perhaps there needs to be something special added, since generally reflectors never drop callers, disconnects are requested only from the originating end of the call.

Maybe you could handle it by adding code to custom/custom_off

-k9dc

On Jul 14, 2020, at 13:31, Dave Parks - WB8ODF via groups.io <wb8odf=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello to all,

It's been a while since I have posted here. One of my scripts doesn't work and I know the "WHY" but I'm at a loss as to "HOW" to fix it.

When my node connects to the exp reflector 0016 to listen to Amateur Radio Newsline it creates the "$LOCAL/active" file containing exp0016 as it should. When the news is finished it disconnects you, again... as it should but it doesn't remove the "$LOCAL/active" file so, my I script doesn't know 0016 has disconnected.

Any ideas? Is this a bug/feature of experimental reflectors?

A temporary fix is to time the news cast (as it rarely runs over 20 minutes) so I could set a timer to stop the script at 22 minutes or so, but I'd really rather get to the bottom of this issue.

Thanks All