Re: $LOCAL/active

WD5M David M.

I suspect, since Skip WB6YMH is using theLinkBox to provide the audio, his experimental conference node plays the news file as a tlb/tbd "welcome" audio file when nodes connect. As Dave Cameron points out, there is no "disconnect" control from experimental nodes with connected IRLP nodes.  Disconnecting is left up to the connected IRLP node user.

If you're connecting newsline on a scheduled script (cron?), I suggest adding a second scheduled script/command to see if it's still connected to 0016 and disconnect from his node 20 to 30 minutes after you connect.  Alternatively, perhaps setting a suitable REFLECT_TIMEOUT_VALUE might disconnect your node too.

While it may be possible to add node disconnect control to theLinkBox, I doubt we'll see it implemented anytime soon, at least not on the NEWLSINE experimental reflector.

David M.
WD5M

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 3:41 PM David Cameron - IRLP <dcameron@...> wrote:
Well "it" disconnects, but your node doesn't. Calls to reflectors (and
experimental nodes) are fairly blind in that there is not an underlying
TCP channel to send/receive info.

So your node will continue to be "connected" there until you issue the
"end" command on your end, either by DTMF, by being "blocked", or by
timeout or some other timer.