Re: time announcements distorted

Nosey Nick VA3NNW

Bob740 wrote:
What was the solution? I am using a script called speaktime. [...] When played they sound scratchy. The .wav files were updated in November,
Speaktime doesn't seem to be part of a standard installation, and web-searches are a bit inconclusive (most are archives of this mailing-list!)

...but tell you what, I have access to an Amazon-Alexa-like synthetic voice and can easily create any spoken-word WAVs I want. Send me (off list) a ZIP of your existing scratchy WAVs, or a list of filenames and what they SHOULD say, and I'll send you back a replacement ZIP of nice fresh Alexa-ish ones.

Nick VA3NNW

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, VA3NNW/G7RZQ, K2 #5209.
use Std::Disclaimer; sig@...