Re: Streaming Repeater audio from an embedded node ?

David Cameron - IRLP

Sorry for the late reply - been on vacation for the last 10 days.

The software darkice is installed on the node, and it is the most common streaming system used with Broadcastify and Radioreference streaming (commonly used).

So first you need to set up an account to stream with something that accepts darkice as a streamer. Then you need to modify the /etc/darkice.conf file to include the username, password, and hostname/mount point of the streaming service.

It is not super simple, but also not impossible. I can help if you get the streaming service set up.

On 23/07/2020 2:20 p.m., Wayne Zehner wrote:
Greetings Group

    I purchased an embedded node SN 17-026 from David June 11-2017 with the streaming module installed. At this point I would like to try and use that feature but there was NO information on what scripts need to be installed or what has to be done for this to function. If anyone can supply the information it would be greatly appreciated. Please be detailed as I am not an expert on Linux but have others that can help.

Thanks,

Wayne K9WZ

node 4330

Plymouth, Indiana