Re: When I use RA or Vcon several times the node locks up have to reboot node

Tom E H Gruis

Thanks for the heads up.

On Sat, Oct 3, 2020, 19:39 kd1yh <kd1yh@...> wrote:
it does the same with RA.
Paul KD1YH node 8581

-----Original Message-----
From: David Cameron - IRLP
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2020 9:51 AM
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [IRLP] When I use RA or Vcon several times the node locks up
have to reboot node

Try not using Vcon and see if it still happens. There is a bug in Vcon
that was never found or fixed that can cause the parallel port to stop
responding. This in turn hangs the dtmf process and the node gets dumb
until you kill off the dtmf process.

It is something to do with irlpvcon_get (or similar). Without support
from the developer, there is nothing that can be done about it.

Funny enough, it works fine on the raspberry pi version.

Dave Cameron