Re: Today's problem.

Dave K9DC

Often it is not possible to tell which end has the problem when authentication fails, without explicitly testing PGP. If you can connect to multiple other destinations with no issue it is not likely the fault is on your end.

In this case, 6220 definitely has a problem. 6220 has SSH running on port 15425 rather than IRLP. So not your fault. I have no idea what is wrong with 6220, but you will have to make contact by other means until it is fixed.

Dave K9DC

On May 7, 2021, at 01:55, tomsdad97 <sharpst@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

The echo install problem has been resolved, many thanks to David WD5M and John VK4JKL.

Today’s issue is one that had been bugging me for a few weeks and is not related to my rebuild of the node as it’s occurring on the original machine that is still in service.

I can connect happily to IRLP and Echolink nodes, with the exception of 6220 I get a “connection can not be authenticated” message.

Is this my problem or does it lay with 6220?

Steve Node 6255 VK2ARS