Re: pirlp sd card backup #piirlp

Ken Arck

2 programs:

To format SD card

https://sd-card-formatter.en.uptodown.com/windows

(do NOT use Windows' format feature)

To read:

https://win32diskimager.org/

And while some may use Win32DiskImager to write image to SD card, I much prefer Etcher

https://www.balena.io/etcher/

Ken

At 01:46 PM 5/27/2021, you wrote:

If you are copying from another known to work SD, formatting it (or not) doesn’t matter. It is bit for bit copy of the original media. It should work fine if the destination disk is at least as large as the original. I just used the Unix ‘dd’ command on a Macintosh. I don’t know how to do it on Windows, never tried.

Dave K9DC

On May 27, 2021, at 14:58, Jack WS5D via
groups.io <jwbfre=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Following the instructions on the irlp wiki
to make an sd card backup, the result was a fail to boot. The only thing different thing I did was to use a 32 gb micro sd card instead of the 16 gb micro sd card in the pirlp node. Would that have caused it to fail to boot? Should I have formatted the sd card for 16 gb? Kinda needing a little advice here. Thanks in advance.

President and CTO - Arcom Controllers
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
https://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave.
We offer complete turn-key repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"
[]