Re: Partial load up

Dave K9DC

How old is your embedded node? The original units ran Slackware, and loaded the entire image into RAM, rather than run from disk.  DaveC supports the oldest units himself, but encourages folks to upgrade to Debian Linux which requires more disk than you probably have.

It sounds like your disk is corrupted and needs to replaced and the system re-installed.

-k9dc

On Jun 17, 2021, at 23:22, David Musselwhite <arcticphotos@...> wrote:

I have a embedded unit that will not completely load its program.  It gets halfway through loading the program and just stops.  Therefore no sign-on, and no connection to wifi. I have turned it on and off a lot and only had to get to the sign on once.

VY1XY