Re: Hostname resolution

Dave K9DC

Not sure what that has to do with anything. IRLP can only connect to one place at a time anyway.

But that is all I do too. In fact my VHF and UHF repeaters are located at the same site and always connected to each other across the same reflector. Sharing an AT&T cellular modem to the Internet, each with its own IRLP VPN. AT&T has a cell site on the same tower, so the cell signal is pretty decent.

IRLP VPN simply provides a dedicated public address to your node behind nearly anything for an Internet connection. The IP address space was provided for us, at no charge, by Amateur Radio Digital Communications (ARDC), the ampr.org folks.

If you are having issues with all the tests passing or getting port forwarding to work, it is an option that is available. There are roughly 250 IRLP repeaters using the service today.

-k9dc

On Jul 14, 2021, at 18:27, Ken Arck <ken@arcomcontrollers.com> wrote:

Well, as I only want to connect to one particular reflector, seems a bit overkill <g>

At 02:35 PM 7/14/2021, you wrote:
You might have to use IRLP VPN, then open ports and/ or forwarding doesn’t matter. It’s free.Â