Date   

Re: Thin Client?

John
 

Well that's a lulu, it only shows the box, not the hardware.
Yes, the posted model # is the same, BUT!!
Price looks good even with postage. I would be asking more questions,
like..show me the goods, does it work, is a SSD supplied, etc??

John

On 5/06/2018 1:54:20 PM, Steve Sharp (sharpst@...) wrote:
G'day John,
Found this one on ebay 182599071903 - is it the same as yours?

Steve 6255 VK2ARS

-----Original Message-----
From: John
Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 12:36 PM
To: IRLP
Subject: Re: [IRLP] Thin Client?

Hi Steve,

I use a thin client T5700 and have had no issues with it.
Paid 85 US db in 2012, but had to buy a SSD.
Be aware of how the SSD card is plugged in, with ref to orientation of the
socket. Some of the SSD's have the pins reversed.
No fan, or moving parts to fail. Very happy with it.
Cheers
John @ 6163

On 5/06/2018 12:14:33 PM, tomsdad97 (sharpst@...) wrote:
Had a bit of scare with my node PC last weekend, all fixed, but it got
me thinking about a replacement or a standby machine should it finally
go belly up.
So I was wondering if anybody is using a thin client to run their node,
and if so, what model did you use and were any mods required ?

Steve VK2ARS
Node 6255
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#74172): https://irlp.groups.io/g/IRLP/message/74172
View All


Re: Thin Client?

Klaus Rung
 

I use Neoware CA-10 or CA-22 as they have a single slot available to hold the irlp card inside the case of the thin client and so makes for a very neat clean package. You do have to wire a plug onto the pc board to tap off 5v to power the card with. It can boot from the proper flash memory, usb stick or laptop drive.
 
Best regards, Klaus Rung, VE3KR



From: tomsdad97 <sharpst@...>
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Sent: Monday, June 4, 2018 10:20 PM
Subject: [IRLP] Thin Client?

Had a bit of scare with my node PC last weekend, all fixed, but it got me thinking about a replacement or a standby machine should it finally go belly up.
 
So I was wondering if anybody is using a thin client to run their node, and if so, what model did you use and were any mods required ?
 
Steve VK2ARS
Node 6255



Re: Thin Client?

John
 

Hi Steve,

I use a thin client T5700 and have had no issues with it.
Paid 85 US db in 2012, but had to buy a SSD.
Be aware of how the SSD card is plugged in, with ref to orientation of the socket. Some of the SSD's have the pins reversed.
No fan, or moving parts to fail. Very happy with it.
Cheers
John @ 6163

On 5/06/2018 12:14:33 PM, tomsdad97 (sharpst@...) wrote:
Had a bit of scare with my node PC last weekend, all fixed, but it got me thinking about a replacement or a standby machine should it finally go belly up.
So I was wondering if anybody is using a thin client to run their node, and if so, what model did you use and were any mods required ?

Steve VK2ARS
Node 6255


Thin Client?

tomsdad97
 

Had a bit of scare with my node PC last weekend, all fixed, but it got me thinking about a replacement or a standby machine should it finally go belly up.
 
So I was wondering if anybody is using a thin client to run their node, and if so, what model did you use and were any mods required ?
 
Steve VK2ARS
Node 6255


Re: No OUTPUT to IRLP

Butch Bussen
 

Good luck. I'm by far not an expert, but I've built several nodes, and it is a lot of fun and works very well.

When you get up and running, give me a call on 3148.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148
Wallace, ks.

On Sun, 3 Jun 2018, John Rickert wrote:

Thanks Butch. Sorry to cause a stir. I got my novice in 57. Will take my
extra next month. I'm trying all forms of communication and thought an
IRLP node for my small community would be very appreciated by all local
hams.

Once I get all I need to put the node together it should be up and running
for all.

Again, Thanks.

73

John
K3JKH

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 8:59 PM, Butch Bussen <butchb@...> wrote:

Yep, I agree. How quickly some people judge. I got my novice in 1961,
never got on the air, got my general in 1968, now an extra. I'm totally
blind, and I just can't solder that small stuff. I'm glad to pay someone
else to do such things.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148
Wallace, ks.


On Sun, 3 Jun 2018, John Rickert wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Not sure if your comment was meant to irritate. I am almost
80, have designed homing systems for torpedoes and built way more bread
board projects than most. I just want a cable and am willing to pay for
it. I don't think there is any shame in that.

Thanks, John

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 2:28 PM Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association
(TARRA) <tarra@...> wrote:

So much for a ham radio operator if you can't make up a couple of simple
cables.

I know a lot of people use some of the Alinco mobiles and other ham
radios, I wouldn't use one for the kind of continuous duty you would have
for this kind of operation.

Mick - W7CAT
Node 3464

----- Original Message -----
From: "k9dc"
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2018 01:56:30 PM
Subject: Re: [IRLP] No OUTPUT to IRLP


Most folks make up their own cable (it is pretty easy as cables go). The
IRLP connector pin out is covered in the Documentation, and on the wiki
http://wiki.irlp.net/


Further, there several sample radios with cabling shown on the main web
site, IRLP.net. Look at link on the left “Node Radios”


-k9dc

On Jun 3, 2018, at 11:43, John Rickert wrote:

I am getting ready to put together my own IRLP node. I have a general
knowledge of what is needed but it sure would helpful if someone put up
a
schematic drawing or all the components and how they hook together.


It also would be very helpful to see suggestions of a radio that works
best, where to get the software and how the radio connects to the
computer.


I apologize if this exists but I can't seem to find it. I have seen
the schematic on Daves site but it's very confusing.

Many thanks, John







--

Be sure to check out all the latest at our web site
<http://www.wyocat.com/tarra>! <http://www.wyocat.com/tarra>




Re: New IRLP Node

Carl Sorensen
 

Bought both used in great shape.
Carl

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 1:06, Benton Holzwarth
<benton@...> wrote:

On 2018-06-03 23:16, larry_n7fm wrote:

Carl, Unless you have an Alinco with a TNC installed there is nothing that need to be done. The DB9 on the rear has all the needed signals just be sure to use the 1200 baud pin for audio.

You do NOT need the TNC version of the Alinco DR- mobile radio for IRLP.  Do NOT spend the extra $ unless you think you might use this radio for other purposes, later.

Benton 4jun18
--
KF7QLP
stn 7665
benton@...



Re: New IRLP Node

Benton Holzwarth
 

On 2018-06-03 23:16, larry_n7fm wrote:

Carl, Unless you have an Alinco with a TNC installed there is nothing that need to be done. The DB9 on the rear has all the needed signals just be sure to use the 1200 baud pin for audio.

You do NOT need the TNC version of the Alinco DR- mobile radio for IRLP.  Do NOT spend the extra $ unless you think you might use this radio for other purposes, later.

Benton 4jun18
--
KF7QLP
stn 7665
benton@...



Re: New IRLP Node

larry_n7fm
 

Carl, Unless you have an Alinco with a TNC installed there is nothing that need to be done. The DB9 on the rear has all the needed signals just be sure to use the 1200 baud pin for audio.

Larry - N7FM

On 06/03/2018 08:30 PM, Carl Sorensen via Groups.Io wrote:
Do you need to make any modifications to the Alinco? I plan on using the 235 for 220 MHz.
Carl, NB7C


On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 13:45, Brian E VE7KND
You can acquire the interface cables from www.irlpcables.com

Brian - VE7KND

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018, 12:42 PM John Rickert, <john.arthur.rickert@...> wrote:
I plan to use an Alinco mono band transceiver with a PC running Linux.  I'm wondering if there isn't a cable I can purchase that will run from the Alinco to the computer.  If there is please let me know where to buy it.

I am hoping to use my router with a direct cable to the router from the computer.  My alternative plan is to pick up wifi in my shack.

Thanks for the response.  Maybe when I get this working I will construct a wiring diagram for others to use.

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 12:07 PM Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA) <tarra@...> wrote:
Hello John,

There isn't all that much to putting it together. Do you plan to use a Raspberry Pi or a desktop computer? Either way you will most likely need an USB sound fob.

As for a radio, probably one of the easiest to use is a Motorola GM300. Everything you need is on the 16 pin connector on the back of the radio. It shouldn't be hard to get the radio programmed for what you need.

There isn't very much wiring to do and it is pretty easy to take care of.

This list is here to support those such as yourself with getting up and running.

Mick - W7CAT
Node 3464

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Rickert"
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2018 09:43:05 AM
Subject: Re: [IRLP] No OUTPUT to IRLP

> I am getting ready to put together my own IRLP node. I have a general
> knowledge of what is needed but it sure would helpful if someone put up a
> schematic drawing or all the components and how they hook together.
>
> It also would be very helpful to see suggestions of a radio that works
> best, where to get the software and how the radio connects to the computer.
>
> I apologize if this exists but I can't seem to find it. I have seen the
> schematic on Daves site but it's very confusing.
>
> Many thanks, John
>

--

Be sure to check out all the latest at our web site!



Re: No OUTPUT to IRLP

John Rickert
 

Thanks Butch.  Sorry to cause a stir.  I got my novice in 57.  Will take my extra next month.  I'm trying all forms of communication and thought an IRLP node for my small community would be very appreciated by all local hams.

Once I get all I need to put the node together it should be up and running for all.

Again, Thanks.

73

John
K3JKH

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 8:59 PM, Butch Bussen <butchb@...> wrote:
Yep, I agree.  How quickly some people judge.  I got my novice in 1961, never got on the air, got my general in 1968, now an extra.  I'm totally blind, and I just can't solder that small stuff. I'm glad to pay someone else to do such things.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148
Wallace, ks.


On Sun, 3 Jun 2018, John Rickert wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.  Not sure if your comment was meant to irritate.  I am almost
80, have designed homing systems for torpedoes and built way more bread
board projects than most.  I just want a cable and am willing to pay for
it.  I don't think there is any shame in that.

Thanks, John

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 2:28 PM Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association
(TARRA) <tarra@...> wrote:

So much for a ham radio operator if you can't make up a couple of simple
cables.

I know a lot of people use some of the Alinco mobiles and other ham
radios, I wouldn't use one for the kind of continuous duty you would have
for this kind of operation.

Mick - W7CAT
Node 3464

----- Original Message -----
From: "k9dc"
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2018 01:56:30 PM
Subject: Re: [IRLP] No OUTPUT to IRLP


Most folks make up their own cable (it is pretty easy as cables go). The
IRLP connector pin out is covered in the Documentation, and on the wiki
http://wiki.irlp.net/

Further, there several sample radios with cabling shown on the main web
site, IRLP.net. Look at link on the left “Node Radios”

-k9dc

On Jun 3, 2018, at 11:43, John Rickert wrote:

I am getting ready to put together my own IRLP node. I have a general
knowledge of what is needed but it sure would helpful if someone put up a
schematic drawing or all the components and how they hook together.

It also would be very helpful to see suggestions of a radio that works
best, where to get the software and how the radio connects to the computer.

I apologize if this exists but I can't seem to find it. I have seen
the schematic on Daves site but it's very confusing.

Many thanks, John









--

Be sure to check out all the latest at our web site
<http://www.wyocat.com/tarra>! <http://www.wyocat.com/tarra>








Re: Update info page - broken?

David Cameron - IRLP
 

Sorry, I was away from town in an area and the only thing I had was a very overloaded internet connection via satellite. It would not allow me to even sync my inbox.

If you get a blank page, it is detecting some "shell escapes" or "SQL Injection" type strings in your data. This is not uncommon with the status page, and it is put there because it is constantly hammered by machines trying to hack the server/database.

You would have to recreate the situation when I am by the log files on the server, sending me the IP address you are sending the requests from.

David Cameron
VE7LTD

On 31/05/2018 4:50 PM, Jim MacKenzie wrote:
Hi,

I'm not able to update node information right now.  (I have a nanonode and I usually change the location to where I am, so that people can tell.)

I'm presented with the node/password login (I have my node on cellular but use the hotel WiFi for my laptop), and the login works.  However, going to any actual page to modify my configuration will result in a blank white screen.

This is with either Google Chrome or Firefox.  (My versions should be current.  I update regularly.)

This happened last week too but finally it worked.  I figured the problem was fixed but it's back (or it's intermittent).

Can someone advise?

73
Jim VE5EV/VE5EIS
Nodes 4041 (the one in question) and 1232


Re: No OUTPUT to IRLP

Butch Bussen
 

Yep, I agree. How quickly some people judge. I got my novice in 1961, never got on the air, got my general in 1968, now an extra. I'm totally blind, and I just can't solder that small stuff. I'm glad to pay someone else to do such things.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148
Wallace, ks.

On Sun, 3 Jun 2018, John Rickert wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Not sure if your comment was meant to irritate. I am almost
80, have designed homing systems for torpedoes and built way more bread
board projects than most. I just want a cable and am willing to pay for
it. I don't think there is any shame in that.

Thanks, John

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 2:28 PM Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association
(TARRA) <tarra@...> wrote:

So much for a ham radio operator if you can't make up a couple of simple
cables.

I know a lot of people use some of the Alinco mobiles and other ham
radios, I wouldn't use one for the kind of continuous duty you would have
for this kind of operation.

Mick - W7CAT
Node 3464

----- Original Message -----
From: "k9dc"
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2018 01:56:30 PM
Subject: Re: [IRLP] No OUTPUT to IRLP


Most folks make up their own cable (it is pretty easy as cables go). The
IRLP connector pin out is covered in the Documentation, and on the wiki
http://wiki.irlp.net/

Further, there several sample radios with cabling shown on the main web
site, IRLP.net. Look at link on the left “Node Radios”

-k9dc

On Jun 3, 2018, at 11:43, John Rickert wrote:

I am getting ready to put together my own IRLP node. I have a general
knowledge of what is needed but it sure would helpful if someone put up a
schematic drawing or all the components and how they hook together.

It also would be very helpful to see suggestions of a radio that works
best, where to get the software and how the radio connects to the computer.

I apologize if this exists but I can't seem to find it. I have seen
the schematic on Daves site but it's very confusing.

Many thanks, John






--

Be sure to check out all the latest at our web site
<http://www.wyocat.com/tarra>! <http://www.wyocat.com/tarra>


Re: New IRLP Node

Carl Sorensen
 

Do you need to make any modifications to the Alinco? I plan on using the 235 for 220 MHz.
Carl, NB7C


On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 13:45, Brian E VE7KND
<assimilation@...> wrote:
You can acquire the interface cables from www.irlpcables.com

Brian - VE7KND

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018, 12:42 PM John Rickert, <john.arthur.rickert@...> wrote:
I plan to use an Alinco mono band transceiver with a PC running Linux.  I'm wondering if there isn't a cable I can purchase that will run from the Alinco to the computer.  If there is please let me know where to buy it.

I am hoping to use my router with a direct cable to the router from the computer.  My alternative plan is to pick up wifi in my shack.

Thanks for the response.  Maybe when I get this working I will construct a wiring diagram for others to use.

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 12:07 PM Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA) <tarra@...> wrote:
Hello John,

There isn't all that much to putting it together. Do you plan to use a Raspberry Pi or a desktop computer? Either way you will most likely need an USB sound fob.

As for a radio, probably one of the easiest to use is a Motorola GM300. Everything you need is on the 16 pin connector on the back of the radio. It shouldn't be hard to get the radio programmed for what you need.

There isn't very much wiring to do and it is pretty easy to take care of.

This list is here to support those such as yourself with getting up and running.

Mick - W7CAT
Node 3464

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Rickert"
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2018 09:43:05 AM
Subject: Re: [IRLP] No OUTPUT to IRLP

> I am getting ready to put together my own IRLP node. I have a general
> knowledge of what is needed but it sure would helpful if someone put up a
> schematic drawing or all the components and how they hook together.
>
> It also would be very helpful to see suggestions of a radio that works
> best, where to get the software and how the radio connects to the computer.
>
> I apologize if this exists but I can't seem to find it. I have seen the
> schematic on Daves site but it's very confusing.
>
> Many thanks, John
>

--

Be sure to check out all the latest at our web site!


Re: Update info page - broken?

Peter Damron <Info@...>
 

,c"cxxx



Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone


-------- Original message --------
From: k9dc <Dave@...>
Date: 5/31/18 7:35 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [IRLP] Update info page - broken?


The easiest way to do this, is log in to the node and use the text based browser “lynx” from Linux. The command is
lynx http://status.irlp.net:15427/updatenode

-k9dc

> On May 31, 2018, at 19:50, Jim MacKenzie <jim@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm not able to update node information right now.  (I have a nanonode and I usually change the location to where I am, so that people can tell.)
>
> I'm presented with the node/password login (I have my node on cellular but use the hotel WiFi for my laptop), and the login works.  However, going to any actual page to modify my configuration will result in a blank white screen.
>
> This is with either Google Chrome or Firefox.  (My versions should be current.  I update regularly.)
>
> This happened last week too but finally it worked.  I figured the problem was fixed but it's back (or it's intermittent).
>
> Can someone advise?
>
> 73
> Jim VE5EV/VE5EIS
> Nodes 4041 (the one in question) and 1232
>





Re: No OUTPUT to IRLP

 

Benton,

It's been along time since I chated with ya (HI) but "This is funny I don't care who ya are" LOL 
 

>< Dave Parks ><
WB8ODF@...
http://wb8odf.com




From: Benton Holzwarth <benton@...>
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Sent: Sunday, June 3, 2018 9:00 PM
Subject: Re: [IRLP] No OUTPUT to IRLP

On 2018-06-03 15:01, Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA) wrote:
Everyone just wants to be an appliance operator and no one wants to build anything. That is what is irritating,
Seems like you're the one that jumped to contusions.  Without knowing him you labeled him an appliance guy.
I could have thought of a half dozen completely valid reasons for a guy wanting to buy rather than build, maybe he's blind or paralyzed.  Nope, he's just 80 and ready to throw money rather than time at problems.
Hope I'm still annoying you when I'm 80.
Benton 3jun18
--
KF7QLP
stn 7665
benton@...




Re: No OUTPUT to IRLP

Benton Holzwarth
 

On 2018-06-03 15:01, Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA) wrote:

Everyone just wants to be an appliance operator and no one wants to build anything. That is what is irritating,

Seems like you're the one that jumped to contusions.  Without knowing him you labeled him an appliance guy.

I could have thought of a half dozen completely valid reasons for a guy wanting to buy rather than build, maybe he's blind or paralyzed.  Nope, he's just 80 and ready to throw money rather than time at problems.

Hope I'm still annoying you when I'm 80.

Benton 3jun18
--
KF7QLP
stn 7665
benton@...


Re: New IRLP Node

Roy D. Murser <roydamnmurser@...>
 

I am using the Alinco DR-135 and built my own cable rather than spend the $60 plus shipping. Not difficult at all.

Conversely, Marshall does a great job building cables and also carries the heat sensor that can be used to turn on a cooling fan mounted on this radio.

Ron, K0AAJ

On Jun 3, 2018, at 4:26 PM, Benton Holzwarth <benton@...> wrote:

On 2018-06-03 12:45, Brian E VE7KND wrote:

You can acquire the interface cables from www.irlpcables.com

And there's enough info on the site to make your own if you prefer.  I'm also a big fan of the DR-135 in this application -- has been bullet-proof.  (And don't spend the extra $ for the TNC.)

Benton 3jun18
--
KF7QLP
stn 7665
benton@...


Re: No OUTPUT to IRLP

Bob Dengler
 

At 6/3/2018 02:52 PM, you wrote:
Of course it was meant to irritate. He’s just one of the demi-Gods that thinks every amateur radio operator should have soldering skills before acquiring their license. Many operators use Alinco DR-x35 mobiles for IRLP radios due to their great transmit and reception quality.

"Reception quality"?  I guess it depends on what you call "quality".  I had a DR-435 & had to get my money back because 2 separate units had oscillations in the front-end amplifier.  Depening on the temperature of the radio, the oscillation sometimes fell right on top of the club repeater's output.  Also the CTCSS decoder falses on noise & is very slow to release, sometimes as long as 3 seconds.  Not a good radio to use in a congested area where you really need to use CTCSS unless you want to relay significant amounts of co-channel traffic down your IRLP link every time a user unkeys.

I think the reason the Alinco DR series mobiles are so popular for IRLP links is simply the convenience factor: buy a pre-made cable & be done with it, while more capable Motorola & Kenwood commercial radios all require a bit of work to interface.

Bob NO6B


Re: No OUTPUT to IRLP

Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA)
 

Everyone just wants to be an appliance operator and no one wants to build anything. That is what is irritating, along with an appliance operator calling people they don't know names. And I DO sign my name, call sign, and node number on my emails.

Mick - W7CAT
Node 3464

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian E VE7KND"
To:
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2018 03:52:06 PM
Subject: Re: [IRLP] No OUTPUT to IRLP

> Of course it was meant to irritate. He’s just one of the demi-Gods that thinks every amateur radio operator should have soldering skills before acquiring their license. Many operators use Alinco DR-x35 mobiles for IRLP radios due to their great transmit and reception quality. Heck, I’ve been using mine since 2014 and it’s been flawless. I bought one of the Alinco cables from irlpcables, and it works great as well. Anyways, I digress.
>
>
>
> From: IRLP@irlp.groups.io [mailto:IRLP@irlp.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Rickert
> Sent: Sunday, June 3, 2018 2:43 PM
> To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [IRLP] No OUTPUT to IRLP
>
>
>
> Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Not sure if your comment was meant to irritate. I am almost 80, have designed homing systems for torpedoes and built way more bread board projects than most. I just want a cable and am willing to pay for it. I don't think there is any shame in that.
>
>
>
> Thanks, John
>
>
>
> On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 2:28 PM Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA) > wrote:
>
> So much for a ham radio operator if you can't make up a couple of simple cables.
>
> I know a lot of people use some of the Alinco mobiles and other ham radios, I wouldn't use one for the kind of continuous duty you would have for this kind of operation.
>
> Mick - W7CAT
> Node 3464
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "k9dc"
> To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
> Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2018 01:56:30 PM
> Subject: Re: [IRLP] No OUTPUT to IRLP
>
> >
> > Most folks make up their own cable (it is pretty easy as cables go). The IRLP connector pin out is covered in the Documentation, and on the wiki http://wiki.irlp.net/
> >
> > Further, there several sample radios with cabling shown on the main web site, IRLP.net. Look at link on the left “Node Radios”
> >
> > -k9dc
> >
> > > On Jun 3, 2018, at 11:43, John Rickert wrote:
> > >
> > > I am getting ready to put together my own IRLP node. I have a general knowledge of what is needed but it sure would helpful if someone put up a schematic drawing or all the components and how they hook together.
> > >
> > > It also would be very helpful to see suggestions of a radio that works best, where to get the software and how the radio connects to the computer.
> > >
> > > I apologize if this exists but I can't seem to find it. I have seen the schematic on Daves site but it's very confusing.
> > >
> > > Many thanks, John
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> --
>
> Be sure to check out all the latest at our web site !
>
>
>
>
>
>

--

Be sure to check out all the latest at our web site!


Re: No OUTPUT to IRLP

Justin Reed <celltech161@...>
 

And you, sir, can go eat a big bag of dicks.

On 6/3/2018 4:28 PM, Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA) wrote:
So much for a ham radio operator if you can't make up a couple of simple cables.

I know a lot of people use some of the Alinco mobiles and other ham radios, I wouldn't use one for the kind of continuous duty you would have for this kind of operation.

Mick - W7CAT
Node 3464

--


Re: No OUTPUT to IRLP

Brian E VE7KND
 

Of course it was meant to irritate. He’s just one of the demi-Gods that thinks every amateur radio operator should have soldering skills before acquiring their license. Many operators use Alinco DR-x35 mobiles for IRLP radios due to their great transmit and reception quality. Heck, I’ve been using mine since 2014 and it’s been flawless. I bought one of the Alinco cables from irlpcables, and it works great as well. Anyways, I digress.

 

From: IRLP@irlp.groups.io [mailto:IRLP@irlp.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Rickert
Sent: Sunday, June 3, 2018 2:43 PM
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [IRLP] No OUTPUT to IRLP

 

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.  Not sure if your comment was meant to irritate.  I am almost 80, have designed homing systems for torpedoes and built way more bread board projects than most.  I just want a cable and am willing to pay for it.  I don't think there is any shame in that.

 

Thanks, John

 

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 2:28 PM Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA) <tarra@...> wrote:

So much for a ham radio operator if you can't make up a couple of simple cables.

I know a lot of people use some of the Alinco mobiles and other ham radios, I wouldn't use one for the kind of continuous duty you would have for this kind of operation.

Mick - W7CAT
Node 3464

----- Original Message -----
From: "k9dc"
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2018 01:56:30 PM
Subject: Re: [IRLP] No OUTPUT to IRLP

>
> Most folks make up their own cable (it is pretty easy as cables go). The IRLP connector pin out is covered in the Documentation, and on the wiki http://wiki.irlp.net/
>
> Further, there several sample radios with cabling shown on the main web site, IRLP.net. Look at link on the left “Node Radios”
>
> -k9dc
>
> > On Jun 3, 2018, at 11:43, John Rickert wrote:
> >
> > I am getting ready to put together my own IRLP node. I have a general knowledge of what is needed but it sure would helpful if someone put up a schematic drawing or all the components and how they hook together.
> >
> > It also would be very helpful to see suggestions of a radio that works best, where to get the software and how the radio connects to the computer.
> >
> > I apologize if this exists but I can't seem to find it. I have seen the schematic on Daves site but it's very confusing.
> >
> > Many thanks, John
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

--

Be sure to check out all the latest at our web site!