Date   

Re: 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

Allan Dunn, K1UCY
 

Nothing. It does not accept it.

On May 8, 2020, at 6:38 PM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:


So what happens when you tap the Add Port Forward button?

-k9dc

On May 8, 2020, at 17:38, Allan Dunn, K1UCY <always_faithful@...> wrote:

The IP node is 10.0.0.184.

We agree on the ports that have to be opened, but even with the security disabled, I cannot add any of the ports needed. I have not tried DMZ.

BTW I host node 8581 for my local repeater and club. KD1YH until now has remotely monitored the logs picking up problems proactively as he understands the system better than I. His Telnet capability is no longer functioning

73
On May 8, 2020, at 5:13 PM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:

I cannot “see" anything, I do not have the service.

But I am not surprised you will have to disable Advanced Security, that is pretty standard. You will need to know the IP address of the node computer, on your LAN. Use that as target destination of the forward. Log in to the node and use the command ‘/sbin/ifconfig’ to determine the IP the node computer is using.

In addition to TCP 15425, you will need to include UDP 2074-2093. Or BTW, you could just set up the DMZ host address for the node. Do not attempt to do both however.

-k9dc





Re: 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

k9dc
 

So what happens when you tap the Add Port Forward button?

-k9dc

On May 8, 2020, at 17:38, Allan Dunn, K1UCY <always_faithful@...> wrote:

The IP node is 10.0.0.184.

We agree on the ports that have to be opened, but even with the security disabled, I cannot add any of the ports needed. I have not tried DMZ.

BTW I host node 8581 for my local repeater and club. KD1YH until now has remotely monitored the logs picking up problems proactively as he understands the system better than I. His Telnet capability is no longer functioning

73
On May 8, 2020, at 5:13 PM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:


I cannot “see" anything, I do not have the service.

But I am not surprised you will have to disable Advanced Security, that is pretty standard. You will need to know the IP address of the node computer, on your LAN. Use that as target destination of the forward. Log in to the node and use the command ‘/sbin/ifconfig’ to determine the IP the node computer is using.

In addition to TCP 15425, you will need to include UDP 2074-2093. Or BTW, you could just set up the DMZ host address for the node. Do not attempt to do both however.

-k9dc


Re: 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

Allan Dunn, K1UCY
 

The IP node is 10.0.0.184.

We agree on the ports that have to be opened, but even with the security disabled, I cannot add any of the ports needed. I have not tried DMZ.

BTW I host node 8581 for my local repeater and club. KD1YH until now has remotely monitored the logs picking up problems proactively as he understands the system better than I. His Telnet capability is no longer functioning

73

On May 8, 2020, at 5:13 PM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:


I cannot “see" anything, I do not have the service.

But I am not surprised you will have to disable Advanced Security, that is pretty standard. You will need to know the IP address of the node computer, on your LAN. Use that as target destination of the forward. Log in to the node and use the command ‘/sbin/ifconfig’ to determine the IP the node computer is using.

In addition to TCP 15425, you will need to include UDP 2074-2093. Or BTW, you could just set up the DMZ host address for the node. Do not attempt to do both however.

-k9dc

On May 8, 2020, at 16:54, Allan Dunn, K1UCY <always_faithful@...> wrote:

As you can see that when WiFi Advanced Security is enabled (which it is by default), both port forwarding and DMZ are disabled. I disabled that security feature (a 10 minute task) and proceded to the manual addition of ports to forward; three of my ports appeared but none are the IRLP ports. At that point nothing works and IRLP is inoperative even with the security disabled.

And yes the removal of port forwarding from the modem Admin tab is new, very new, probably this week.
On May 8, 2020, at 3:45 PM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:

This is the official (apparently) documentation on how to set up port forwarding using Xfi.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-port-forwarding





Re: dtmfdial

Klaus Rung
 

Yes that is what was happening the script kept reverting after each restart. I will try your suggestion.

On May 8, 2020, at 5:04 PM, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:

Are you directly editing scripts/dtmfdial? That script is replaced every time the node restarts, or an update files happens (nightly). If you want to use it, you need to make a copy of it the into the custom directory and call it from there.

Sorry, I didn’t realize that might be what you are doing. the scripts directory (and all the others) are identical on all nodes, and forced back to the identical set of scripts every night.

-k9dc


On May 8, 2020, at 16:34, Klaus Rung via groups.io <k_rung=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I put the export TXDELAY=500000 into the environment file and restarted and it seems to work and the first digit is able to be heard and decoded more reliably but I went to 1500000 and I did not see a difference. the values in the dtmfdial file I should be able to change the values in but it keeps going back to the same original settings.

I would think I should be able to change the txdelay and dial volume in this file.


${BIN}/coscheck
${BIN}/key
usleep ${TXDELAY:-250000}

if [ -z "$DIAL_OPTIONS" ] ; then
${DIAL} --volume 25 ${1}p
else
${DIAL} ${DIAL_OPTIONS} ${1}p


On Friday, May 8, 2020, 4:01:16 p.m. EDT, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:



I’ve never used it myself, but the reference to $TXDELAY pulls the value set in the environment file. So perhaps you could increase it there. Perhaps it is not defined.

export TXDELAY=500000

But if you have a specific interval you want to use, just remove the reference and place a discrete value in your script.

usleep 500000

-k9dc


On May 8, 2020, at 15:42, Klaus Rung via groups.io <k_rung=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I am trying to send dtmf to the remote repeater so I am trying to increase the wait time of dtmf after keying before sending digits.

${BIN}/key
usleep ${TXDELAY:-250000}

if [ -z "$DIAL_OPTIONS" ] ; then
${DIAL} --volume 25 ${1}p

When I change txdelay to 500000 it changes back after the irlp software is restarted. How do I get to keep my new settings in this file?

Klaus
ve3kr
2450












Re: 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

k9dc
 

I cannot “see" anything, I do not have the service.

But I am not surprised you will have to disable Advanced Security, that is pretty standard. You will need to know the IP address of the node computer, on your LAN. Use that as target destination of the forward. Log in to the node and use the command ‘/sbin/ifconfig’ to determine the IP the node computer is using.

In addition to TCP 15425, you will need to include UDP 2074-2093. Or BTW, you could just set up the DMZ host address for the node. Do not attempt to do both however.

-k9dc

On May 8, 2020, at 16:54, Allan Dunn, K1UCY <always_faithful@...> wrote:

As you can see that when WiFi Advanced Security is enabled (which it is by default), both port forwarding and DMZ are disabled. I disabled that security feature (a 10 minute task) and proceded to the manual addition of ports to forward; three of my ports appeared but none are the IRLP ports. At that point nothing works and IRLP is inoperative even with the security disabled.

And yes the removal of port forwarding from the modem Admin tab is new, very new, probably this week.
On May 8, 2020, at 3:45 PM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:


This is the official (apparently) documentation on how to set up port forwarding using Xfi.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-port-forwarding


Re: dtmfdial

k9dc
 

Are you directly editing scripts/dtmfdial? That script is replaced every time the node restarts, or an update files happens (nightly). If you want to use it, you need to make a copy of it the into the custom directory and call it from there.

Sorry, I didn’t realize that might be what you are doing. the scripts directory (and all the others) are identical on all nodes, and forced back to the identical set of scripts every night.

-k9dc

On May 8, 2020, at 16:34, Klaus Rung via groups.io <k_rung=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I put the export TXDELAY=500000 into the environment file and restarted and it seems to work and the first digit is able to be heard and decoded more reliably but I went to 1500000 and I did not see a difference. the values in the dtmfdial file I should be able to change the values in but it keeps going back to the same original settings.

I would think I should be able to change the txdelay and dial volume in this file.


${BIN}/coscheck
${BIN}/key
usleep ${TXDELAY:-250000}

if [ -z "$DIAL_OPTIONS" ] ; then
${DIAL} --volume 25 ${1}p
else
${DIAL} ${DIAL_OPTIONS} ${1}p


On Friday, May 8, 2020, 4:01:16 p.m. EDT, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:



I’ve never used it myself, but the reference to $TXDELAY pulls the value set in the environment file. So perhaps you could increase it there. Perhaps it is not defined.

export TXDELAY=500000

But if you have a specific interval you want to use, just remove the reference and place a discrete value in your script.

usleep 500000

-k9dc


On May 8, 2020, at 15:42, Klaus Rung via groups.io <k_rung=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I am trying to send dtmf to the remote repeater so I am trying to increase the wait time of dtmf after keying before sending digits.

${BIN}/key
usleep ${TXDELAY:-250000}

if [ -z "$DIAL_OPTIONS" ] ; then
${DIAL} --volume 25 ${1}p

When I change txdelay to 500000 it changes back after the irlp software is restarted. How do I get to keep my new settings in this file?

Klaus
ve3kr
2450






Re: 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

Allan Dunn, K1UCY
 

As you can see that when WiFi Advanced Security is enabled (which it is by default), both port forwarding and DMZ are disabled. I disabled that security feature (a 10 minute task) and proceded to the manual addition of ports to forward; three of my ports appeared but none are the IRLP ports. At that point nothing works and IRLP is inoperative even with the security disabled.

And yes the removal of port forwarding from the modem Admin tab is new, very new, probably this week.

On May 8, 2020, at 3:45 PM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:


This is the official (apparently) documentation on how to set up port forwarding using Xfi.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-port-forwarding


On May 8, 2020, at 14:25, Lonney [KL3NO] via groups.io <lonney.harper=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Putting the cable modem into bridge mode does not stop the phone/POTS ports from working, they continue to work as before.

If you change to using bridge mode you'll need another NAT/router device inbetween the cable modem and your LAN - this is the setup I currently have - cable modem in bridge mode, one ethernet cable from it plugs into my Netgear R6400's WAN port.

If Comcast has since removed the port forwarding features from their firmware, that must be pretty recent as it was there in mine about a month ago when I received the current cable modem to replace the old one (seems they're cycling out the older ones that dont support xFI).





Re: dtmfdial

Klaus Rung
 

I put the export TXDELAY=500000 into the environment file and restarted and it seems to work and the first digit is able to be heard and decoded more reliably but I went to 1500000 and I did not see a difference. the values in the dtmfdial file I should be able to change the values in but it keeps going back to the same original settings.

I would think I should be able to change the txdelay and dial volume in this file.


${BIN}/coscheck
${BIN}/key
usleep ${TXDELAY:-250000}

if [ -z "$DIAL_OPTIONS" ] ; then
  ${DIAL} --volume 25 ${1}p
else
  ${DIAL} ${DIAL_OPTIONS} ${1}p


On Friday, May 8, 2020, 4:01:16 p.m. EDT, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:



I’ve never used it myself, but the reference to $TXDELAY pulls the value set in the environment file. So perhaps you could increase it there. Perhaps it is not defined.

export TXDELAY=500000

But if you have a specific interval you want to use, just remove the reference and place a discrete value in your script.

usleep 500000

-k9dc


> On May 8, 2020, at 15:42, Klaus Rung via groups.io <k_rung=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> I am trying to send dtmf to the remote repeater so I am trying to increase the wait time of dtmf after keying before sending digits.
>
> ${BIN}/key
> usleep ${TXDELAY:-250000}
>
> if [ -z "$DIAL_OPTIONS" ] ; then
>  ${DIAL} --volume 25 ${1}p
>
> When I change txdelay to 500000 it changes back after the irlp software is restarted. How do I get to keep my new settings in this file?
>
> Klaus
> ve3kr
> 2450







Re: dtmfdial

k9dc
 

I’ve never used it myself, but the reference to $TXDELAY pulls the value set in the environment file. So perhaps you could increase it there. Perhaps it is not defined.

export TXDELAY=500000

But if you have a specific interval you want to use, just remove the reference and place a discrete value in your script.

usleep 500000

-k9dc

On May 8, 2020, at 15:42, Klaus Rung via groups.io <k_rung=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I am trying to send dtmf to the remote repeater so I am trying to increase the wait time of dtmf after keying before sending digits.

${BIN}/key
usleep ${TXDELAY:-250000}

if [ -z "$DIAL_OPTIONS" ] ; then
${DIAL} --volume 25 ${1}p

When I change txdelay to 500000 it changes back after the irlp software is restarted. How do I get to keep my new settings in this file?

Klaus
ve3kr
2450


Re: 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

k9dc
 

This is the official (apparently) documentation on how to set up port forwarding using Xfi.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-port-forwarding

On May 8, 2020, at 14:25, Lonney [KL3NO] via groups.io <lonney.harper=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Putting the cable modem into bridge mode does not stop the phone/POTS ports from working, they continue to work as before.

If you change to using bridge mode you'll need another NAT/router device inbetween the cable modem and your LAN - this is the setup I currently have - cable modem in bridge mode, one ethernet cable from it plugs into my Netgear R6400's WAN port.

If Comcast has since removed the port forwarding features from their firmware, that must be pretty recent as it was there in mine about a month ago when I received the current cable modem to replace the old one (seems they're cycling out the older ones that dont support xFI).


dtmfdial

Klaus Rung
 

I am trying to send dtmf to the remote repeater so I am trying to increase the wait time of dtmf after keying before sending digits.

${BIN}/key
usleep ${TXDELAY:-250000}

if [ -z "$DIAL_OPTIONS" ] ; then
  ${DIAL} --volume 25 ${1}p

When I change txdelay to 500000 it changes back after the irlp software is restarted. How do I get to keep my new settings in this file?

Klaus
ve3kr
2450


Re: 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

Lonney [K1LH]
 

Putting the cable modem into bridge mode does not stop the phone/POTS ports from working, they continue to work as before.

If you change to using bridge mode you'll need another NAT/router device inbetween the cable modem and your LAN - this is the setup I currently have - cable modem in bridge mode, one ethernet cable from it plugs into my Netgear R6400's WAN port.

If Comcast has since removed the port forwarding features from their firmware, that must be pretty recent as it was there in mine about a month ago when I received the current cable modem to replace the old one (seems they're cycling out the older ones that dont support xFI).


Re: 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

k9dc
 

On May 8, 2020, at 11:59, Allan Dunn, K1UCY <always_faithful@...> wrote:
This update definitely precludes updating port forwarding from the lan side of the modem.
And if I bypass my modem I lose my telephone service.
If this ends up being true (which I still doubt), you should buy your own modem. They are available that support the phone service (here is one https://shop.surfboard.com/tm822g-surfboard-cable-modem-voice-for-xfinity/), although comcast voice is another ridiculous ripoff. It cost more than 10 times competitive VoIP products.

-k9dc


Re: 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

Allan Dunn, K1UCY
 

This update definitely precludes updating port forwarding from the lan side of the modem.

And if I bypass my modem I lose my telephone service.

On May 8, 2020, at 11:56 AM, Allan Dunn, K1UCY <always_faithful@...> wrote:

The firmware on my modem was updated this week overnight. I live in central Massachusetts. Other regions may yet to receive this update. Network technicians have responded to us and cannot resolve the problem. They are opening a ticket to engineering. This problem is real until Comcast reissues the firmware update or revises the ifi control of port forwarding.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 8, 2020, at 10:33 AM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:


I really doubt that. Because they are the largest SP in .US, Comcast hosts more IRLP than any other SP. If IRLP was really locked out, the screams from our network would be deafening. My understanding is the xfi app is a smartphone app, allowing for limited management of your account. It does not preclude locally managing the router from the LAN side. Back when I last had Comcast, the login was cusadmin and the password was hispeed. It is possible that has changed, so you might have to call them to get the defaults for your router.

Longer term, you might want to consider buying your own modem (~$150). Comcast charges $14/month to rent their modem, a complete ripoff.

Also keep your eyes open for alternative providers. I dropped Comcast a year ago when AT&T came through my neighborhood offering symmetrical gigabit over fiber, for less than half what I was paying Comcast for 300/25 service. Oh yeah, AT&T includes the fiber transceiver and router, with the service. $80/month flat. 1000 Mb down and 1000 Mb up. Guess how long it took me to make that decision? I paid Comcast their ETF and never looked back. :)

-k9dc


On May 8, 2020, at 09:45, Allan Dunn, K1UCY <always_faithful@...> wrote:
That is the way it used to be, but now you must log into your Comcast personal account to access xfi. There is a message there that xfi blocks all unnecessary open ports, but does provide for opening ports for the popular game devices. To open other ports manually there is a button, but it does not work. We are locked out of IRLP.


Re: 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

Allan Dunn, K1UCY
 

The firmware on my modem was updated this week overnight. I live in central Massachusetts. Other regions may yet to receive this update. Network technicians have responded to us and cannot resolve the problem. They are opening a ticket to engineering. This problem is real until Comcast reissues the firmware update or revises the ifi control of port forwarding.

On May 8, 2020, at 10:33 AM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:


I really doubt that. Because they are the largest SP in .US, Comcast hosts more IRLP than any other SP. If IRLP was really locked out, the screams from our network would be deafening. My understanding is the xfi app is a smartphone app, allowing for limited management of your account. It does not preclude locally managing the router from the LAN side. Back when I last had Comcast, the login was cusadmin and the password was hispeed. It is possible that has changed, so you might have to call them to get the defaults for your router.

Longer term, you might want to consider buying your own modem (~$150). Comcast charges $14/month to rent their modem, a complete ripoff.

Also keep your eyes open for alternative providers. I dropped Comcast a year ago when AT&T came through my neighborhood offering symmetrical gigabit over fiber, for less than half what I was paying Comcast for 300/25 service. Oh yeah, AT&T includes the fiber transceiver and router, with the service. $80/month flat. 1000 Mb down and 1000 Mb up. Guess how long it took me to make that decision? I paid Comcast their ETF and never looked back. :)

-k9dc


On May 8, 2020, at 09:45, Allan Dunn, K1UCY <always_faithful@...> wrote:

That is the way it used to be, but now you must log into your Comcast personal account to access xfi. There is a message there that xfi blocks all unnecessary open ports, but does provide for opening ports for the popular game devices. To open other ports manually there is a button, but it does not work. We are locked out of IRLP.


Re: 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

k9dc
 

I really doubt that. Because they are the largest SP in .US, Comcast hosts more IRLP than any other SP. If IRLP was really locked out, the screams from our network would be deafening. My understanding is the xfi app is a smartphone app, allowing for limited management of your account. It does not preclude locally managing the router from the LAN side. Back when I last had Comcast, the login was cusadmin and the password was hispeed. It is possible that has changed, so you might have to call them to get the defaults for your router.

Longer term, you might want to consider buying your own modem (~$150). Comcast charges $14/month to rent their modem, a complete ripoff.

Also keep your eyes open for alternative providers. I dropped Comcast a year ago when AT&T came through my neighborhood offering symmetrical gigabit over fiber, for less than half what I was paying Comcast for 300/25 service. Oh yeah, AT&T includes the fiber transceiver and router, with the service. $80/month flat. 1000 Mb down and 1000 Mb up. Guess how long it took me to make that decision? I paid Comcast their ETF and never looked back. :)

-k9dc

On May 8, 2020, at 09:45, Allan Dunn, K1UCY <always_faithful@...> wrote:

That is the way it used to be, but now you must log into your Comcast personal account to access xfi. There is a message there that xfi blocks all unnecessary open ports, but does provide for opening ports for the popular game devices. To open other ports manually there is a button, but it does not work. We are locked out of IRLP.


Re: 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

Lonney [K1LH]
 

Have you tried it? I have an xFI capable cable modem supplied by Comcast (Model: TG1682G Vendor: ARRIS Group, Inc.), I can login to the web UI and do all the usual stuff.


Re: 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

Allan Dunn, K1UCY
 

That is the way it used to be,  but now you must log into your Comcast personal account to access xfi.  There is a message there that xfi blocks all unnecessary open ports, but does provide for opening ports for the popular game devices. To open other ports manually there is a button, but it does not work. We are locked out of IRLP. 


On May 8, 2020, at 9:34 AM, Lonney [KL3NO] via groups.io <lonney.harper@...> T

Login to the cable modem with a browser at http://10.0.0.1 or https://10.0.0.1 and setup the port forward. The default username/password is admin/password and you should be prompted to change it the first time you login.


Re: 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

Lonney [K1LH]
 

Login to the cable modem with a browser at http://10.0.0.1 or https://10.0.0.1 and setup the port forward. The default username/password is admin/password and you should be prompted to change it the first time you login.


Re: 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

Rick Szajkowski
 

I know what you mean , I pay more then I should , but I get a good deal for what I get , I call after an outage and they jump on it right away , ( I pay commercial rates) keeps my nabours happy also if they are on cable 

Good luck    

Richard Szajkowski 
VA3 RZS VA3ZJ VE3BTE

On May 7, 2020, at 6:50 PM, KD1YH Paul <bsrt@...> wrote:


Well I pay enough for internet and it did work so I keep bit@@
 
Paul KD1YH node 4651
 
 
From: Rick Szajkowski
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2020 12:34 PM
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [IRLP] 15425 thru 15427 via comcast
 
Bridge mode is the way to go , I have a couple people I had to do that for for voip reasons and remote access to there computer 
 


Richard Szajkowski 
VA3 RZS VA3ZJ VE3BTE

On May 7, 2020, at 12:12 PM, Randy N9NWA <rbzabel@...> wrote:

Yes
I had Comcast put my cable modem in bypass mode, note wireless is off in thad mode.

I use my own router to do forwarding!


Sent from Xfinity Connect Application


-----Original Message-----

From: bsrt@...
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Sent: 2020-05-07 11:08:28 AM
Subject: [IRLP] 15425 thru 15427 via comcast

Has anybody having issues with port forwarding working on Comcast?

 

Been trying to fix 15425 thru 15427 for irlp thru their xfi ap, and it don’t work, the help group have the same issue.

 

Is it only me? node 8581 has the same issue

 

Paul KD1YH nodes 4651,8581,8433