Date   

Re: Port Forwarding

k9dc
 

Double check your wiring to the IRLP board. Your tests indicate the wiring is correct (COS PTT). Not seeing any DTMF digits decoded, suggests there is no receiver audio on Pin 8 of the DB9 connector. If there IS audio on pin 8, you may have a problem with your board.

-k9dc

On Jan 19, 2020, at 14:17, John Barrett via Groups.Io <johnbar2369=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

My repeater does not see DTMF tones
using su - repeater I get repeater@stn8924:~/$
followed by entering "readinput"
(as per page 7 of NG-Embedded IRLP Node Information)

If I then Tx to my node I get COS ACTIVE stop and I get COS INACTIVE
Sending DTMF tones during that period no response
Then exiting Ctcl C
using console enter word " key"
red light comes on and radio transmits
enter "UNKEY" red light goes out radio stops transmitting.

Remember this system was working in PR two years ago after hurricane Maria the equipment was badly handled until my move here to NC. I am wondering if in transit the board was damaged, although there are no physical signs of it. Can I test the board or send it back to IRLP to get it checked?

As for port forwarding I did attach my modems forwarding page for comments of what should be entered and where, none of my entres got the required result!

On Saturday, January 18, 2020, 02:00:16 PM EST, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:


Generally most home class routers, only support a single IP address on the outside, and it can change. The router already knows what the outside address is. You just need to tell it what IP, of many on the inside, to direct the forwarded packets to.

If you were using a commercial router capable of many IP addresses on the outside interface, yes you would have to specify. But not necessary for most home routers.

Your DTMF test should look like this…
repeater@stn4734:~/$ readinput
COS ACTIVE
DTMF 9
DTMF 2
DTMF 0
DTMF 0
COS INACTIVE
PTT ACTIVE
FORCE KEY BIT SET
FORCE KEY BIT RESET
PTT INACTIVE

DTMF digits bracketed by COS Action. If you do not see any COS action, the DTMF digits will be ignored.



On Jan 18, 2020, at 12:13, John Barrett via Groups.Io <johnbar2369=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

1) Yes I mean the DTMF lamp test which can also be displayed using software test. Both do show DTMF working.

2) Attached is the picture of my routers Port Forwarding page my IRLP IP Address is 192.168.1.20 but to me it seems I need the external host address?
KM4BWG John Barrett node 8924





Re: Port Forwarding

John
 

Further to this port forwarding issue with the sagemcomfast5260

Have a look at this youtube video - it may help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjiZI6mRZ7o

John @ 6163


Re: Port Forwarding

John
 

John,

As for the port forwarding, I cannot see any ports opened in the image you sent.
What exactly was/is entered into the 'internal port' box to cause that fault report of 'invalid port'.
Which TCP port # did you write into it?

have you run an Ohm meter over the parallel cable, and made sure the parallel port is correctly set in the BIOS?

73 John @ 6163

On 20/01/2020 5:17 am, John Barrett via Groups.Io wrote:
My repeater does not see DTMF tones
using su - repeater I get repeater@stn8924:~/$
followed by entering "readinput"
(as per page 7 of NG-Embedded IRLP Node Information)
If I then Tx to my node I get COS ACTIVE  stop and I get  COS INACTIVE
Sending DTMF tones during that period no response
Then exiting Ctcl C
using console enter word " key"
red light comes on and radio transmits
enter "UNKEY" red light goes out radio stops transmitting.
Remember this system was working in PR two years ago after hurricane Maria the equipment was badly handled until my move here to NC. I am wondering if in transit the board was damaged, although there are no physical signs of it. Can I test the board or send it back to IRLP to get it checked?
As for port forwarding I did attach my modems forwarding page for comments of what should be entered and where, none of my entres got the required result!
On Saturday, January 18, 2020, 02:00:16 PM EST, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:
Generally most home class routers, only support a single IP address on the outside, and it can change. The router already knows what the outside address is. You just need to tell it what IP, of many on the inside, to direct the forwarded packets to.
If you were using a commercial router capable of many IP addresses on the outside interface, yes you would have to specify. But not necessary for most home routers.
Your DTMF test should look like this…
repeater@stn4734 <mailto:repeater@stn4734>:~/$ readinput
COS ACTIVE
DTMF 9
DTMF 2
DTMF 0
DTMF 0
COS INACTIVE
PTT ACTIVE
FORCE KEY BIT SET
FORCE KEY BIT RESET
PTT INACTIVE
DTMF digits bracketed by COS Action. If you do not see any COS action, the DTMF digits will be ignored.

> On Jan 18, 2020, at 12:13, John Barrett via Groups.Io
<johnbar2369=yahoo.com@groups.io <mailto:yahoo.com@groups.io>> wrote:
>
> 1) Yes I mean the DTMF lamp test which can also be displayed using software
test. Both do show DTMF working.
>
> 2) Attached is the picture of my routers Port Forwarding page my IRLP  IP
Address is 192.168.1.20 but to me it seems I need the external host address?
> KM4BWG John Barrett node 8924
>
>


Re: Port Forwarding

John Barrett
 

My repeater does not see DTMF tones
using su - repeater I get repeater@stn8924:~/$
followed by entering "readinput"  
(as per page 7 of NG-Embedded IRLP Node Information)

If I then Tx to my node I get COS ACTIVE  stop and I get  COS INACTIVE
Sending DTMF tones during that period no response
Then exiting Ctcl C
using console enter word " key"
red light comes on and radio transmits
enter "UNKEY" red light goes out radio stops transmitting.

Remember this system was working in PR two years ago after hurricane Maria the equipment was badly handled until my move here to NC. I am wondering if in transit the board was damaged, although there are no physical signs of it. Can I test the board or send it back to IRLP to get it checked?

As for port forwarding I did attach my modems forwarding page for comments of what should be entered and where, none of my entres got the required result!

On Saturday, January 18, 2020, 02:00:16 PM EST, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:


Generally most home class routers, only support a single IP address on the outside, and it can change. The router already knows what the outside address is. You just need to tell it what IP, of many on the inside, to direct the forwarded packets to.

If you were using a commercial router capable of many IP addresses on the outside interface, yes you would have to specify. But not necessary for most home routers.

Your DTMF test should look like this…
repeater@stn4734:~/$ readinput
COS ACTIVE
DTMF 9
DTMF 2
DTMF 0
DTMF 0
COS INACTIVE
PTT ACTIVE
FORCE KEY BIT SET
FORCE KEY BIT RESET
PTT INACTIVE

DTMF digits bracketed by COS Action. If you do not see any COS action, the DTMF digits will be ignored.



> On Jan 18, 2020, at 12:13, John Barrett via Groups.Io <johnbar2369=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> 1) Yes I mean the DTMF lamp test which can also be displayed using software test. Both do show DTMF working.
>
> 2) Attached is the picture of my routers Port Forwarding page my IRLP  IP Address is 192.168.1.20 but to me it seems I need the external host address?
> KM4BWG John Barrett node 8924
>
>





Re: time announcements distorted

Lyle Maystruck
 

Ok Can I just download the script of the time announcement from the embedded node? Thanks for your help


Re: Node on wifi

bruce clements
 

Im testing a D-Link wall plug range extender. My wireless originates 100 feet away.
My radio stuff is in the garage. 
One half of the range extender is plugged into one of the ethernet ports on the wireless router.The other end is plugged in the wifes craft room Pc via nic cable.
Im contemplating installing a second router on the nic in the garage..
Then i could put the irlp on nic....
Bruce
Ve3bv



Sent from my Galaxy Tab® E

-------- Original message --------
From: Jim MacKenzie <jim@...>
Date: 2020-01-18 4:57 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [IRLP] Node on wifi

WiFi is pretty delicate, too.  Any chance you could run an Ethernet cable there?  It might solve a lot of your problems and give you a lot more consistent connectivity.

73

Jim VE5EV

On 2020-01-18 3:47 p.m., bruce clements wrote:
Mick
Using a Neoware thin client CA 10.
Has had the same issue on Centos ,D7 and D10.
On D 10 at this time.

I was going to possibly replace the dongle , there pretty cheap.

Bruce
Ve3bv



Sent from my Galaxy Tab® E

-------- Original message --------
From: "Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA)" <tarra@...>
Date: 2020-01-18 4:36 PM (GMT-05:00)
Subject: Re: [IRLP] Node on wifi

Hello Bruce, just wondering what computer system and OS version you are using. Working on a WatchDog here so when I loose internet it will reboot my computer. It may also be able to just restart the network.

Mick - W7CAT
Node 3464

----- Original Message -----
From: bruce clements
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2020 01:58:08 PM
Subject: [IRLP] Node on wifi

> Hi folks.
> My internet here is a 5 X 1 Broadband in the 5 gig band. Due to various Mother Nature effects we can loose the internet. It can be signal loss between my panel to the tower or backhaul link failure on providers microwave to their fiber POP.
> Every device reconnects when the fault clears except the irlp node. This condition has always been an issue , even after 3 levels of upgrades.
> Is the problem
> 1. The wifi dongle hardware or driver
> 2. Setting in router
> 3. Config issue in software.
>
> Bruce
> Ve3bv
> Node 2226.
>
>
>
>
--


Re: Node on wifi

Jim MacKenzie
 

WiFi is pretty delicate, too.  Any chance you could run an Ethernet cable there?  It might solve a lot of your problems and give you a lot more consistent connectivity.

73

Jim VE5EV

On 2020-01-18 3:47 p.m., bruce clements wrote:
Mick
Using a Neoware thin client CA 10.
Has had the same issue on Centos ,D7 and D10.
On D 10 at this time.

I was going to possibly replace the dongle , there pretty cheap.

Bruce
Ve3bv



Sent from my Galaxy Tab® E

-------- Original message --------
From: "Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA)" <tarra@...>
Date: 2020-01-18 4:36 PM (GMT-05:00)
Subject: Re: [IRLP] Node on wifi

Hello Bruce, just wondering what computer system and OS version you are using. Working on a WatchDog here so when I loose internet it will reboot my computer. It may also be able to just restart the network.

Mick - W7CAT
Node 3464

----- Original Message -----
From: bruce clements
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2020 01:58:08 PM
Subject: [IRLP] Node on wifi

> Hi folks.
> My internet here is a 5 X 1 Broadband in the 5 gig band. Due to various Mother Nature effects we can loose the internet. It can be signal loss between my panel to the tower or backhaul link failure on providers microwave to their fiber POP.
> Every device reconnects when the fault clears except the irlp node. This condition has always been an issue , even after 3 levels of upgrades.
> Is the problem
> 1. The wifi dongle hardware or driver
> 2. Setting in router
> 3. Config issue in software.
>
> Bruce
> Ve3bv
> Node 2226.
>
>
>
>
--


Re: Node on wifi

bruce clements
 

Mick
Using a Neoware thin client CA 10.
Has had the same issue on Centos ,D7 and D10.
On D 10 at this time.

I was going to possibly replace the dongle , there pretty cheap.

Bruce
Ve3bv



Sent from my Galaxy Tab® E

-------- Original message --------
From: "Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA)" <tarra@...>
Date: 2020-01-18 4:36 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [IRLP] Node on wifi

Hello Bruce, just wondering what computer system and OS version you are using. Working on a WatchDog here so when I loose internet it will reboot my computer. It may also be able to just restart the network.

Mick - W7CAT
Node 3464

----- Original Message -----
From: bruce clements
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2020 01:58:08 PM
Subject: [IRLP] Node on wifi

> Hi folks.
> My internet here is a 5 X 1 Broadband in the 5 gig band. Due to various Mother Nature effects we can loose the internet. It can be signal loss between my panel to the tower or backhaul link failure on providers microwave to their fiber POP.
> Every device reconnects when the fault clears except the irlp node. This condition has always been an issue , even after 3 levels of upgrades.
> Is the problem
> 1. The wifi dongle hardware or driver
> 2. Setting in router
> 3. Config issue in software.
>
> Bruce
> Ve3bv
> Node 2226.
>
>
>
>
--


Re: Node on wifi

Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA)
 

Hello Bruce, just wondering what computer system and OS version you are using. Working on a WatchDog here so when I loose internet it will reboot my computer. It may also be able to just restart the network.

Mick - W7CAT
Node 3464

----- Original Message -----
From: bruce clements
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2020 01:58:08 PM
Subject: [IRLP] Node on wifi

> Hi folks.
> My internet here is a 5 X 1 Broadband in the 5 gig band. Due to various Mother Nature effects we can loose the internet. It can be signal loss between my panel to the tower or backhaul link failure on providers microwave to their fiber POP.
> Every device reconnects when the fault clears except the irlp node. This condition has always been an issue , even after 3 levels of upgrades.
> Is the problem
> 1. The wifi dongle hardware or driver
> 2. Setting in router
> 3. Config issue in software.
>
> Bruce
> Ve3bv
> Node 2226.
>
>
>
>
--


Node on wifi

bruce clements
 

Hi folks.
My internet here is a 5 X 1 Broadband in the 5 gig band. Due to various Mother Nature effects we can loose the internet. It can be signal loss between my panel to the tower or backhaul link failure on providers microwave to their fiber POP.
Every device reconnects when the fault clears except the irlp node. This condition has always been an issue , even after 3 levels of upgrades.
Is the problem
1. The wifi dongle hardware or driver
2. Setting in router
3. Config issue in software.

Bruce
Ve3bv
Node 2226.


Re: removing the new built in TNC from an Alinco MK III?

David Cameron - IRLP
 

It is really easy. Open up the radio top and bottom. Look at the cable that feeds to the DB9 on the back of the radio. If it plugs directly into the main board of the radio, then there is no TNC. If it plugs into a little daughter board on top of the main board, just remove the board, and attach the DB9 cable direct where the daughterboard used to plug in.

Dave Cameron

On 18/01/2020 8:46 a.m., Mark Melvin wrote:
I bought a new Alinco DR-135T mkIII to replace my old radio which needed replacement. On the IRLP web site it is posted that the built-in TNC needs to be removed from this unit? I searched around on the Internet and IRLP web site but I haven't found anything to show how to do this. Any insight or help?



Re: Port Forwarding

k9dc
 

Generally most home class routers, only support a single IP address on the outside, and it can change. The router already knows what the outside address is. You just need to tell it what IP, of many on the inside, to direct the forwarded packets to.

If you were using a commercial router capable of many IP addresses on the outside interface, yes you would have to specify. But not necessary for most home routers.

Your DTMF test should look like this…
repeater@stn4734:~/$ readinput
COS ACTIVE
DTMF 9
DTMF 2
DTMF 0
DTMF 0
COS INACTIVE
PTT ACTIVE
FORCE KEY BIT SET
FORCE KEY BIT RESET
PTT INACTIVE

DTMF digits bracketed by COS Action. If you do not see any COS action, the DTMF digits will be ignored.

On Jan 18, 2020, at 12:13, John Barrett via Groups.Io <johnbar2369=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

1) Yes I mean the DTMF lamp test which can also be displayed using software test. Both do show DTMF working.

2) Attached is the picture of my routers Port Forwarding page my IRLP IP Address is 192.168.1.20 but to me it seems I need the external host address?
KM4BWG John Barrett node 8924


Re: Port Forwarding

Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA)
 

Are you getting a COR/COS indication? I would start out to check the wiring and make sure everything is connected properly and that you don't have a broken wire. After that, check to make sure your audio level is correct. If the audio level is too far off, you won't decode properly. Which radio are you using? How do you have it wired? These are basic things that need to be correct before you get concerned about your router and the internet.

Mick - W7CAT
Node 3464

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Barrett via Groups.Io"
To: irlp@irlp.groups.io
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2020 10:17:55 AM
Subject: Re: [IRLP] Port Forwarding

> 1)Should read do not show DTMF working
> On Saturday, January 18, 2020, 12:13:23 PM EST, John Barrett wrote:
>
> 1) Yes I mean the DTMF lamp test which can also be displayed using software test. Both do show DTMF working.
> 2) Attached is the picture of my routers Port Forwarding page my IRLP  IP Address is 192.168.1.20 but to me it seems I need the external host address?KM4BWG John Barrett node 8924 
>
> On Friday, January 17, 2020, 01:28:58 PM EST, k9dc wrote:
>
>
> 1. Not sure what you mean by DTMF VALID TEST, unless you are looking for the DTMF lamp on the board. Decoded DTMF digits are visible using ‘readinput'
>
> 2. To set up port forwarding on your local router, you will need to know the IP address of your node computer on your LAN. It is the destination IP for the port forwarding.  The easiest way to determine it, is log in to the node and run the command ‘ifconfig’. It will be the IP address of the Ethernet interface, usually “eth0.”
>
> -k9dc
>
>
> > On Jan 17, 2020, at 13:17, John Barrett via Groups.Io wrote:
> >
> > I am in the position of rebuilding my node 8924 I am still sorting out issues,
> > !) No DTMF VALID TEST (yes pin 8 is connected and they both share the same ground)
> > 2) Port forwarding I am using a Sagemcom fast 5260 router and I am trying to forward:-
> > 15425 TCP
> > 2074-2093 UDP
> > 80 TCP
> > do I need IRLP IP address if so what is it?
> > I also sent " link on" and" link off" audio files to IRLP . I have not got a response or will they just up load them to my node when port forwarding has been established?
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
--


Re: Port Forwarding

John Barrett
 

1)Should read do not show DTMF working

On Saturday, January 18, 2020, 12:13:23 PM EST, John Barrett <johnbar2369@...> wrote:


1) Yes I mean the DTMF lamp test which can also be displayed using software test. Both do show DTMF working.

2) Attached is the picture of my routers Port Forwarding page my IRLP  IP Address is 192.168.1.20 but to me it seems I need the external host address?
KM4BWG John Barrett node 8924 


On Friday, January 17, 2020, 01:28:58 PM EST, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:



1. Not sure what you mean by DTMF VALID TEST, unless you are looking for the DTMF lamp on the board. Decoded DTMF digits are visible using ‘readinput'

2. To set up port forwarding on your local router, you will need to know the IP address of your node computer on your LAN. It is the destination IP for the port forwarding.  The easiest way to determine it, is log in to the node and run the command ‘ifconfig’. It will be the IP address of the Ethernet interface, usually “eth0.”

-k9dc


> On Jan 17, 2020, at 13:17, John Barrett via Groups.Io <johnbar2369=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> I am in the position of rebuilding my node 8924 I am still sorting out issues,
> !) No DTMF VALID TEST (yes pin 8 is connected and they both share the same ground)
> 2) Port forwarding I am using a Sagemcom fast 5260 router and I am trying to forward:-
> 15425 TCP
> 2074-2093 UDP
> 80 TCP
> do I need IRLP IP address if so what is it?
> I also sent " link on" and" link off" audio files to IRLP . I have not got a response or will they just up load them to my node when port forwarding has been established?

>




Re: Port Forwarding

John Barrett
 

1) Yes I mean the DTMF lamp test which can also be displayed using software test. Both do show DTMF working.

2) Attached is the picture of my routers Port Forwarding page my IRLP  IP Address is 192.168.1.20 but to me it seems I need the external host address?
KM4BWG John Barrett node 8924 


On Friday, January 17, 2020, 01:28:58 PM EST, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:



1. Not sure what you mean by DTMF VALID TEST, unless you are looking for the DTMF lamp on the board. Decoded DTMF digits are visible using ‘readinput'

2. To set up port forwarding on your local router, you will need to know the IP address of your node computer on your LAN. It is the destination IP for the port forwarding.  The easiest way to determine it, is log in to the node and run the command ‘ifconfig’. It will be the IP address of the Ethernet interface, usually “eth0.”

-k9dc


> On Jan 17, 2020, at 13:17, John Barrett via Groups.Io <johnbar2369=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> I am in the position of rebuilding my node 8924 I am still sorting out issues,
> !) No DTMF VALID TEST (yes pin 8 is connected and they both share the same ground)
> 2) Port forwarding I am using a Sagemcom fast 5260 router and I am trying to forward:-
> 15425 TCP
> 2074-2093 UDP
> 80 TCP
> do I need IRLP IP address if so what is it?
> I also sent " link on" and" link off" audio files to IRLP . I have not got a response or will they just up load them to my node when port forwarding has been established?

>




removing the new built in TNC from an Alinco MK III?

Mark Melvin
 

I bought a new Alinco DR-135T mkIII to replace my old radio which needed replacement. On the IRLP web site it is posted that the built-in TNC needs to be removed from this unit? I searched around on the Internet and IRLP web site but I haven't found anything to show how to do this. Any insight or help?



Re: WB8ODF

Craig - K1BDX - Node 8724
 

Hey, Glen, If he doesn't want his IRLP node, I would be happy to take
it off his hands. When I'm operating mobile, IRLP is the only system
that does not get confused and lock up my computer. Both Allstar and
Echolink software can't handle when the internet occasionally drops on
my Verizon hotspot. The software on those systems is very poorly
written if they can't handle drops in the internet. Also, I'm not
sure where the myth was invented that Allstar is a current protocol.
Allstar is based on Asterisk which was developed in 1999.

The IRLP software has been updated constantly over the last 12 years I
have been on the system. We started on old Intel motherboards running
Centos and David Cameron updated everything to work on Raspberry Pi
computers running the latest Debian Linux release.

The other problem with Allstar is it's not secure. Anyone with an
Allstar node can cross link any number of other nodes into my node
right in the middle of a conversation or net without any warning or
agreement. This has been happening constantly. I was playing around
with an Allstar node for a while and I was being constantly interfered
with by the random and announced cross linking. The hams in the other
conversation also had no idea that some knucklehead was going to cross
link their conversation into mine without warning. Unauthorized cross
linking by third parties with no warning or permission is why Allstar
will never be anything more than a cute toy to play with.

In summary, Allstar makes for a nice ham radio toy but its not for
serious, reliable communication over the Internet. So you guys have
fun with your toys while our group stays with IRLP for stable,
reliable communications. If you don't want your IRLP node anymore
then we will happily take it off your hands.

On 1/17/20, K1RR Glen <@k1rr> wrote:
I see you're node has been down for over 80 days, and listed as being on the
AllStar network. Have you finally made the decision to switch over to the
2020's protocol and get away from the 1990's IRLP technology? Just
thinking about you the other day, and thought I'd give you a ring. I'll
call ya on AllStar sometime soon!
K1RR


WB8ODF

K1RR Glen
 

I see you're node has been down for over 80 days, and listed as being on the AllStar network.  Have you finally made the decision to switch over to the 2020's protocol and get away from the 1990's IRLP technology?   Just thinking about you the other day, and thought I'd give you a ring.  I'll call ya on AllStar sometime soon!
K1RR


Re: time announcements distorted

John
 

Care to send us the script that calls the time announcement?

John @ 6163

On 18/01/2020 5:55:50 AM, Lyle Maystruck via Groups.Io (ve5kks=yahoo.com@groups.io) wrote:
My time announcements are distorted. All other audio sounds great and has be up for about 4 years now. This just happen about 2 months ago. Any ideas


time announcements distorted

Lyle Maystruck
 

My time announcements are distorted. All other audio sounds great and has be up for about 4 years now. This just happen about 2 months ago. Any ideas