Topics

15425 thru 15427 via comcast

Allan Dunn, K1UCY

Nothing. It does not accept it.

On May 8, 2020, at 6:38 PM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:

So what happens when you tap the Add Port Forward button?

-k9dc

On May 8, 2020, at 17:38, Allan Dunn, K1UCY <always_faithful@...> wrote:

The IP node is 10.0.0.184.

We agree on the ports that have to be opened, but even with the security disabled, I cannot add any of the ports needed. I have not tried DMZ.

BTW I host node 8581 for my local repeater and club. KD1YH until now has remotely monitored the logs picking up problems proactively as he understands the system better than I. His Telnet capability is no longer functioning

73
On May 8, 2020, at 5:13 PM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:

I cannot “see" anything, I do not have the service.

But I am not surprised you will have to disable Advanced Security, that is pretty standard. You will need to know the IP address of the node computer, on your LAN. Use that as target destination of the forward. Log in to the node and use the command ‘/sbin/ifconfig’ to determine the IP the node computer is using.

In addition to TCP 15425, you will need to include UDP 2074-2093. Or BTW, you could just set up the DMZ host address for the node. Do not attempt to do both however.

Then that is a question for Comcast. “I’m trying to add a port forward, and the button doesn’t work, how come?”

-k9dc

On May 8, 2020, at 20:05, Allan Dunn, K1UCY <always_faithful@...> wrote:

[...]

Correction: It allows me to choose a node and add either a port number or a range of numbers. But when I select Next, nothing happens.

I did switch to DMZ, but when I connect to 9999 on air, I get no response. I do connect and later disconnect and able to return to home port 9122. I have no indication my voice goes to 9999 as nothing comes back.

On May 8, 2020, at 8:33 PM, k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:

[...]

Nothing to add here.
Worst case, you could try IRLP VPN, although that requires Debian OS. Send your request to installs@ IRLP.net

-k9dc