speaktime

Russ WL7LP

Is there a speaktime that works with Debian. been trying the centos  version of speaktime with Debian and just
get  Syntax error: "(" unexpected

73 Russ WL7LP
IRLP node 7369

Russ,

Can you run it in debug mode and post the output, maybe we can fix it.

cd $CUSTOM

bash -x ./speaktime

< Dave Parks ><
WB8ODF@yahoo.com
Nodes: 4812 / 8139 / 8176 / 4049

________________________________
Is there a speaktime that works with Debian. been trying the centos  version of speaktime with Debian and just
get  Syntax error: "(" unexpected

73 Russ WL7LP
IRLP node 7369

Mark Huelskoetter

Russ,
Change the first part of the "speaktime" script from:

#!/bin/sh

to:

#!/bin/bash

I got it working on a Debian node on the transmitter here in Anchorage.
The problem is with the interpreter, so make it use BASH specifically. I
don't recall if I had to modify anything else, so if you run into more
problems email me or post it here.

Mark
WL7NI
www.alaskareflector.org