Updating additional frequencies on IRLP Website

Klaus Rung

I am trying to update a nodes extra frequencies remotely but am having great difficulty completing the task. Can someone tell me the proper syntax for 5 mhz + offset as everything I have tried so far does not seem to take. Every time I save the setting the page says that it sent the info, does not come back with an error but will not update the field.

I have updated the Call, Freq, and Pl tone but the rest I cannot get to update.

Those are Offset, Location, Lat, and Long.

Klaus Rung, VE3KR

Dave Schultheis

Klaus KR wrote:

I am trying to update a nodes extra frequencies remotely but am having
great difficulty completing the task. Can someone tell me the proper
syntax for 5 mhz + offset as everything I have tried so far does not
seem to take. Every time I save the setting the page says that it sent
the info, does not come back with an error but will not update the field.

I have updated the Call, Freq, and Pl tone but the rest I cannot get to
update.

For the offset, I seem to recall that you must enter four zeroes after the decimal point. For a plus offset, you just enter 5000.0000 while for a minus offset you would enter -5000.000

I think.

--

Dave Schultheis
WB6KHP San Jose

IRLP 3246

Klaus Rung

Thanks Dave, I will give that a try. I think I might have done that but am not sure so I will repeat it and see if it works. Strange that it will not even accept the name of the location though and seems that there is a special syntax for that. Almost like something is broken.

Best regards, Klaus Rung, VE3KR

> I am trying to update a nodes extra frequencies remotely but am having
> great difficulty completing the task. Can someone tell me the proper
> syntax for 5 mhz + offset as everything I have tried so far does not
> seem to take. Every time I save the setting the page says that it sent
> the info, does not come back with an error but will not update the field.
>
> I have updated the Call, Freq, and Pl tone but the rest I cannot get to
> update.

For the offset, I seem to recall that you must enter four zeroes after
the decimal point. For a plus offset, you just enter 5000.0000 while
for a minus offset you would enter -5000.000

I think.

--

Dave Schultheis
WB6KHP San Jose

IRLP 3246

Klaus Rung

Dave, I just tried it and it does not update. I cannot even get the coordinates of the second transmitter to take or the location. Very strange.

On 8/15/2015 6:04 PM, Klaus Rung k_rung@yahoo.com [irlp] wrote:

Dave, I just tried it and it does not update. I cannot even get the
coordinates of the second transmitter to take or the location. Very strange.
Best regards, Klaus Rung, VE3KR

Sorry, Klaus. I remember having a hard time getting the primary radio information entered, so I sympathize, but it's been so long that I don't recall the solution.

One of the "smarter than me" guys will be along soon to help you, I'm sure.

--

Dave Schultheis
WB6KHP San Jose

IRLP 3246