TImeout on non transmit

Michael Champion <mikec@...>

I need to timeout reflector connections after period of local inactivity.  I have looked at timercontrol but I don’t see how to set it up.  I finally got the gui to load after hacking together a config but its blank.  I’m not sure what password or port to give it.

-Michael

John Lorenc

This might help. http://garymcduffie.com/irlp/custom-decode.html

John VA3WM

Nodes 2998, 2248, 2931

Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 11:58 AM
To: irlp@...
Subject: [irlp] TImeout on non transmit

I need to timeout reflector connections after period of local inactivity.  I have looked at timercontrol but I don’t see how to set it up.  I finally got the gui to load after hacking together a config but its blank.  I’m not sure what password or port to give it.

-Michael

Dave K9DC

Inactivity timeout is a standard feature on all IRLP nodes. The default value are 1200 (20 minutes) during reflector connections, and 240 (4 minutes) during node to node calls. Both values can easily be modified.

There is no GUI supported on any IRLP node. There is nothing you can do to an IRLP node that is aided or made more convenient with a GUI. Access is normally provided by using a very lightweight SSH client and tools installed locally on the node. There are couple of web based utilities that some folks have found useful, but they are optional and not included in a standard installation.

-k9dc

On Dec 18, 2017, at 11:57, Michael Champion mikec@n7uic.com [irlp] <irlp@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I need to timeout reflector connections after period of local inactivity. I have looked at timercontrol but I don’t see how to set it up. I finally got the gui to load after hacking together a config but its blank. I’m not sure what password or port to give it.

-Michael

RICHARD S. LAING

Mike

I'm not much help on Allstar, I'm an IRLP guy. Paul is out expert and had written much of the software like the Allmon-5. I would think no timeout is default and what you want. The same on IRLP we set the timer to 0000 no timeout. Paul told you to do a perminant connect so when the bridge resets you come right. I think you do a perminant connect I link 13 see out webpage you should be ok.

Dick

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note8.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 12/18/17 11:57 AM (GMT-05:00)

-Michael

Dave K9DC

Rather than setting the environment variable to 0 (which affects all reflectors), my suggestion would be to add an entry to custom_decode with the notimeout option set for one or more specific destination numbers. This works on reflectors AND node to node, overriding any node to node timeout set by the far end. This prevents permanent connections generally, while allowing them for specified destinations.

For example, my main repeaters are set to not timeout during connections to 9200. All other reflectors, normal timeout provisions apply.

A line like this in custom_decode will do the trick (for 9050)…

if [ "$1" = “9050" ] ; then "$SCRIPT"/connect_to_reflector ref9050 notimeout ; exit 1 ; fi

-k9dc

On Dec 18, 2017, at 12:32, wb2jpq WB2JPQ@aol.com [irlp] <irlp@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Mike

I'm not much help on Allstar, I'm an IRLP guy. Paul is out expert and had written much of the software like the Allmon-5. I would think no timeout is default and what you want. The same on IRLP we set the timer to 0000 no timeout. Paul told you to do a perminant connect so when the bridge resets you come right. I think you do a perminant connect I link 13 see out webpage you should be ok.

Dick

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note8.

-------- Original message --------
From: "Michael Champion mikec@n7uic.com [irlp]" <irlp@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 12/18/17 11:57 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: irlp@yahoogroups.com

I need to timeout reflector connections after period of local inactivity. I have looked at timercontrol but I don’t see how to set it up. I finally got the gui to load after hacking together a config but its blank. I’m not sure what password or port to give it.

Michael Champion <mikec@...>

Sorry everyone. This was meant for the ircddbgateway group.  That’s what I get for hitting I and then enter on the address line.

-Michael

Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 8:58 AM

-Michael