Topics

Debian boot up

Phil Zocco

Greetings.

So this afternoon, I got that last of the parts I needed to build a new computer for Node 5960.

Trying to use the USB drive to boot up did not work so I pulled a CD-ROM out of one of my PCs and got the 12.07 version to boot up via CD.

Once done, I went into the BIOS of the DN2800MT motherboard and set up the first boot device, a PNY 120G SSD.

Upon booting up, I get the blue screen showing the Debian OS ready to auto-load and it does.

I get 2 scrolling lines and then....nothing. The monitor goes off due to lack of video signal.

Not too sure what I am missing. If there is something in the DN2800MT BIOS that I am not setting right, info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

73,

Phil N1BOW
Nodes 5960 and 4656
AMT MP 113.6
Niantic, CT USA Earth

Rick NK7I

I don’t recall the particulars but there is a line that must be added to the start up sequence to force the video to the other video port.

Or log in via SSH.

Rick NK7I
7962

Smell Czech corruptions are inevitable

[...]