Topics

New install

Are you (or someone you know and can trust) able to follow back from pin 15 and see if you can see anything wrong, such as a bad solder connection or broken trace? Looking for something in the area where Dave told you to look. It may not be all that bad for you to repair. You have certainly put a lot into trying to find the problem.

From: William Phillips
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2019 09:18:58 PM
Subject: Re: [IRLP] New install

--

William Phillips

From: Craig - K1BDX - Node 8724 <k1bdx.craig@... <mailto:k1bdx.craig@...>>
Date: 12/22/19 1:08 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io <mailto:IRLP@irlp.groups.io>

<k1bdx.craig@... <mailto:k1bdx.craig@...>> wrote:

[...]

David Cameron - IRLP

From: Craig - K1BDX - Node 8724 <k1bdx.craig@...>
Date: 12/22/19 1:08 PM (GMT-08:00)

On 12/22/19, William Phillips <bphillips.nnh@...> wrote:

> That pin varies between 3.26 to 3.29 when dtmf tone sent. I checked it on
> the pi as well as the irlp board it was the same on both ends.
>>

>> On Dec 22, 2019, at 6:22 AM, Craig - K1BDX - Node 8724
>> <k1bdx.craig@...> wrote:
>>
>> The first binary bit  D0 seems to be stuck in the "asserted" condition.
>>
>> I'm wondering if the wire between the pi and the irlp interface board is
>> broken
>>
>> According to Dave Cameron's diagram
>>
>> D0 is pin number 7 or the Raspberry Pi header
>>
>> monitor the voltage on that pin while you send tones and see if it
>> changes state properly
>>

>>> On 12/22/19, William Phillips <bphillips.nnh@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> Well I tried a different raspberry 4 did an install all works except the
>>> dtmf tones are incorrect and the same as before
>>>
>>> Pressed : Seen
>>> 1:nothing
>>> 2:3 when released 1
>>> 3:3 when released 1
>>> 4:5 when released 1
>>> 5:5 when released 1
>>> 6:7 when released 1
>>> 7:7 when released 1
>>> 8:9 when released 1
>>> 9:9 when released 1

David Cameron - IRLP

It should be 0v when the logic pin is low. 3.3v is the high state.

From: Craig - K1BDX - Node 8724 <k1bdx.craig@...>
Date: 12/22/19 1:08 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io

That voltage is not changing in a significant way

If the initial voltage is high (around 3.26 volts)  then the
"asserted" voltage (low) should be down around 1 volt or less.

On 12/22/19, William Phillips <bphillips.nnh@...> wrote:

> That pin varies between 3.26 to 3.29 when dtmf tone sent. I checked it on
> the pi as well as the irlp board it was the same on both ends.
>>

>> On Dec 22, 2019, at 6:22 AM, Craig - K1BDX - Node 8724
>> <k1bdx.craig@...> wrote:
>>
>> The first binary bit  D0 seems to be stuck in the "asserted" condition.
>>
>> I'm wondering if the wire between the pi and the irlp interface board is
>> broken
>>
>> According to Dave Cameron's diagram
>>
>> D0 is pin number 7 or the Raspberry Pi header
>>
>> monitor the voltage on that pin while you send tones and see if it
>> changes state properly
>>

>>> On 12/22/19, William Phillips <bphillips.nnh@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> Well I tried a different raspberry 4 did an install all works except the
>>> dtmf tones are incorrect and the same as before
>>>
>>> Pressed : Seen
>>> 1:nothing
>>> 2:3 when released 1
>>> 3:3 when released 1
>>> 4:5 when released 1
>>> 5:5 when released 1
>>> 6:7 when released 1
>>> 7:7 when released 1
>>> 8:9 when released 1
>>> 9:9 when released 1

Craig - K1BDX - Node 8724

<k1bdx.craig@...> wrote:

[...]

The problem is likely in the gpio cable to db25 on the irlp board.

Verify continuity between pin 7 on the pi and pin 15 on the db25.

Alternately, measure the same voltage at pin 15 on the db25.

From: Craig - K1BDX - Node 8724 <k1bdx.craig@...>
Date: 12/22/19 6:23 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io

The first binary bit  D0 seems to be stuck in the "asserted" condition.

I'm wondering if the wire between the pi and the irlp interface board is broken

According to Dave Cameron's diagram

D0 is pin number 7 or the Raspberry Pi header

monitor the voltage on that pin while you send tones and see if it
changes state properly

On 12/22/19, William Phillips <bphillips.nnh@...> wrote:
> Well I tried a different raspberry 4 did an install all works except the
> dtmf tones are incorrect and the same as before
>
> Pressed : Seen
> 1:nothing
> 2:3 when released 1
> 3:3 when released 1
> 4:5 when released 1
> 5:5 when released 1
> 6:7 when released 1
> 7:7 when released 1
> 8:9 when released 1
> 9:9 when released 1

William Phillips

On Dec 22, 2019, at 6:22 AM, Craig - K1BDX - Node 8724 <k1bdx.craig@...> wrote:

[...]

<IRLP_GPIO_Wiring.png>

I don't know that radio, just trying to make sure it wasn't one of the Chinese radios that have problems.