-------- Original message --------
From "Dave Parks - WB8ODF via Groups.Io" <wb8odf@...>
Date: 01/10/2020 16:17 (GMT-05:00)
To IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject Re: [IRLP] new crontab file is missing newline before EOF, can't install.

Charlie,

You can go to my web page (wb8odf.com) and download "filefix.tgz" this will fix any problems you have editing Linux files on you window machine and uploading them. I believe it makes sure your last line is a NewLine as well.

Good luck

>< Dave Parks ><
WB8ODF@...
http://wb8odf.com

On Friday, January 10, 2020, 1:16:44 PM EST, Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...> wrote:

I was looking at wrong file. I added the carriage return at the end of the file, saved it, tried again same error.

On 1/10/2020 12:10, k9dc wrote:
What file are you looking at and how are you looking at it?  It should just be text.

'crontab -l’ to list it; ‘crontab -e’ to edit

-k9dc

On Jan 10, 2020, at 11:58, Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...> wrote:

Dave thanks for reply. I tried looking at the file with an editor. It is unreadable.  To me it looks curopt.
Can it be regenerated?

Charlie wa2gug
ARRL FIELD INSTRUCTOR, VE

Date: 01/10/2020 11:19 (GMT-05:00)
To IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject Re: [IRLP] new crontab file is missing newline before EOF, can't install.

Not worth re-installing over. The error message you received is pretty clear what the problem is.

new crontab file is missing newline before EOF, can't install.

Charles L. Alfano
WA2GUG
ARRL VE, Instructor

Charlie Wa2gug

Dave,
Thanks. I was missing the return in the custom.crons.

Fixed :-)

Charlie wa2gug
ARRL FIELD INSTRUCTOR, VE

On 2020-01-10 09:10, k9dc wrote:
> What file are you looking at and how are you looking at it?  It should
> just be text.
>
> 'crontab -l’ to list it; ‘crontab -e’ to edit
>
> -k9dc
>

>> On Jan 10, 2020, at 11:58, Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...> wrote:
>>
>> Dave thanks for reply. I tried looking at the file with an editor. It
>> is unreadable.  To me it looks curopt.
>> Can it be regenerated?
>>

>> Charlie wa2gug
>> ARRL FIELD INSTRUCTOR, VE

Charlie Wa2gug

On 1/10/2020 12:10, k9dc wrote:
What file are you looking at and how are you looking at it?  It should just be text.

'crontab -l’ to list it; ‘crontab -e’ to edit

-k9dc

On Jan 10, 2020, at 11:58, Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...> wrote:

Dave thanks for reply. I tried looking at the file with an editor. It is unreadable.  To me it looks curopt.
Can it be regenerated?

Charlie wa2gug
ARRL FIELD INSTRUCTOR, VE

Not worth re-installing over. The error message you received is pretty clear what the problem is.

new crontab file is missing newline before EOF, can't install.

Charles L. Alfano
WA2GUG
ARRL VE, Instructor

David Cameron - IRLP

The problem is likely any custom crontabs you have added in /home/irlp/custom/custom.crons.

You may have made the file on a windows machine, and then moved it to Linux. That will cause weird characters to exist in it.

Google the program dos2unix for more info on a converter you can use.

Not worth re-installing over. The error message you received is pretty clear what the problem is.

> new crontab file is missing newline before EOF, can't install.

-k9dc

> On Jan 10, 2020, at 09:16, wa2gug@... wrote:
>
> I just had to rebuild my config. in my router. Ran ./scripts/update files and got this:
>
> new crontab file is missing newline before EOF, can't install.
>
> Any ideas? Was thinking of doing a fresh install
> 73
> Charlie wa2gug

k9dc