From: Charlie Wa2gug
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 11:16 AM
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [IRLP] resolv.conf

Ok... will keep digging.

Thanks

Charlie wa2gug

ARRL FIELD INSTRUCTOR, VE

-------- Original message --------
From k9dc <Dave@...>
Date: 01/15/2020 09:14 (GMT-05:00)
To IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject Re: [IRLP] resolv.conf

I don’t know what *magic* you are referring to. There is nothing *I* can deform my location. You simply need to make sure all the tests in troubleshoot-irlp pass. If that happens, then try the Echo reflector (9990).  Right now it looks like your node is on-line, but is administratively disabled.

-k9dc

> On Jan 15, 2020, at 08:55, Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...> wrote:
>
> Dave,
>

> Just cleared the error. Typo. If you can do your magic I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks again…

Charlie Wa2gug

Ok... will keep digging.
Thanks

Charlie wa2gug
ARRL FIELD INSTRUCTOR, VE

I don’t know what *magic* you are referring to. There is nothing *I* can deform my location. You simply need to make sure all the tests in troubleshoot-irlp pass. If that happens, then try the Echo reflector (9990).  Right now it looks like your node is on-line, but is administratively disabled.

-k9dc

> On Jan 15, 2020, at 08:55, Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...> wrote:
>
> Dave,
>

> Just cleared the error. Typo. If you can do your magic I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks again…

k9dc

I don’t know what *magic* you are referring to. There is nothing *I* can deform my location. You simply need to make sure all the tests in troubleshoot-irlp pass. If that happens, then try the Echo reflector (9990). Right now it looks like your node is on-line, but is administratively disabled.

-k9dc

On Jan 15, 2020, at 08:55, Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...> wrote:

Dave,

Just cleared the error. Typo. If you can do your magic I would appreciate it.

Thanks again…

Charlie Wa2gug

Dave,

Just cleared the error. Typo. If you can do your magic I would appreciate it.

Thanks again...

On 1/12/2020 13:42, k9dc wrote:
Well, it won’t work until you fix TCP 15425. So something is amiss in your router. Are all ports outgoing allowed?  Did DNS pass okay?  DNS is required to update the status page, but your node has been gone for a long time.

http://status.irlp.net/?nodeid=4827

-k9dc

On Jan 12, 2020, at 13:34, Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...> wrote:

Dave,

This is the only error I get :

Performing INBOUND UDP and TCP Port Forwarding Test
Detecting Incoming IP = 24.148.124.200
Testing TCP and UDP ports .. done.

TEST No. 2a REPORT - TCP ERROR - TCP port 15425 is NOT forwarded
                                           correctly.
Waiting 4 seconds .... done.
TEST No. 2b REPORT - UDP PASS - UDP ports 2074-2093 are forwarded correctly.
TEST No. 2c REPORT - EchoLink UDP ERROR - The following UDP port(s):
 5198  5199  is/are not forwarded correctly.

Can't find any thing wrong in Fortigate router.

My node is 4827

On 1/12/2020 13:25, k9dc wrote:
On Jan 12, 2020, at 06:13, Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...>
 wrote:

Guy's finally cleaning up the node. I noticed the node was not on the active list. I checked the resolv,conf. I do have 2 name servers in it. I'm using google 8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4
Any ideas?

What is troubleshoot-irlp telling you?  Also what is your node number?

Charles L. Alfano
WA2GUG
ARRL VE, Instructor

<wa2gug.vcf>

--
Charles L. Alfano
WA2GUG

Charlie Wa2gug

I'll get n2wro to log in and check the error. He does it for a living. I learned along time ago when to resort to a pro. I'll also have him check the name servers.

Charlie wa2gug
ARRL FIELD INSTRUCTOR, VE

Well, it won’t work until you fix TCP 15425. So something is amiss in your router. Are all ports outgoing allowed?  Did DNS pass okay?  DNS is required to update the status page, but your node has been gone for a long time.

http://status.irlp.net/?nodeid=4827

-k9dc

> On Jan 12, 2020, at 13:34, Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...> wrote:
>
> Dave,
>
> This is the only error I get :
>
> Performing INBOUND UDP and TCP Port Forwarding Test
> Detecting Incoming IP = 24.148.124.200
> Testing TCP and UDP ports .. done.

> TEST No. 2a REPORT - TCP ERROR - TCP port 15425 is NOT forwarded
>                                            correctly.
> Waiting 4 seconds .... done.
> TEST No. 2b REPORT - UDP PASS - UDP ports 2074-2093 are forwarded correctly.
> TEST No. 2c REPORT - EchoLink UDP ERROR - The following UDP port(s):
>  5198  5199  is/are not forwarded correctly.
>
> Can't find any thing wrong in Fortigate router.
>
> My node is 4827
>
> On 1/12/2020 13:25, k9dc wrote:
>>> On Jan 12, 2020, at 06:13, Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...>
>>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Guy's finally cleaning up the node. I noticed the node was not on the active list. I checked the resolv,conf. I do have 2 name servers in it. I'm using google 8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>> What is troubleshoot-irlp telling you?  Also what is your node number?
>>
>> -k9dc
>>

> --
> Charles L. Alfano
> WA2GUG