Topics

NASA Audio Broadcast - Slightly OT

pete damron

If I unsubscribe to this feed below.....will I still get other Irlp groups of interest.

On Mon, May 4, 2020, 2:57 PM Bob Dengler <no6b@...> wrote:
At 5/4/2020 11:07 AM, you wrote:
>The NASA feed way back when was provided by a ham who worked at JPL in Pasadena, CA. His feed went into one of the reflectors and we all listened in.

>If things are now private, maybe someone who is a ham or knows a ham at SpaceX or Boeing could help.

The launch will be carried on the NASA web page:

<https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-to-provide-coverage-of-spacex-commercial-crew-test-flight-with-astronauts>

We have plans to retransmit this onto the JPLARC's 147.150 repeater in La Canada.  I may also carry it on my local open system, which covers some of the greater LA area: 445.080 (-) PL-103.5.

Bob NO6B

David Cameron - IRLP

Yes this is what needs to happen:
1) You need a high quality stream of the audio
2) You need a node that is designated to stream the audio into the system.
3) Someone needs to make a VOX controller or some type that will do two things:
- Detect when there is audio and close a contact, connected to the COS of the node, and start/stop the stream of audio
- Not allow a continuous audio stream / COS trigger for more than 3 minutes.

Then you work with the reflector owner to set up a channel as listen only, then define the node as the "talking station". This is easy to do, and will be made easier once new reflector control software is made later this month.

On 2020-05-04 11:13 a.m., Chris Schwab wrote:
I was thinking you could just grab the audio from Youtube though I'm not sure how to get that audio to the reflector if there wasn't a better feed available. Of course I'd ask permission of the reflector owner, though I'm missing the piece of how to make the pieces in the middle work.
Chris
On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 2:07 PM Phil Zocco <n1bow@... <mailto:n1bow@...>> wrote:
The NASA feed way back when was provided by a ham who worked at JPL
in Pasadena, CA. His feed went into one of the reflectors and we all
listened in. ____
__ __
If things are now private, maybe someone who is a ham or knows a ham
at SpaceX or Boeing could help.____
__ __
The NASA feeds had great audio. The highlight for me was when we
were listening to one of the Space Shuttle crews doing major
replacement work on the Hubbell Telescope. ____
__ __
Anyway, my $0.02 ____
__ __