Topics

DTMF Regen level

Nosey Nick VA3NNW

David Cameron - IRLP wrote:
If you look at what ${DIAL} does (what is called in the script), it
prefixes it with aoss, and allows it to run and mix with the audio.
Look at common-functions.sh in the scripts directory.
AHA! A previous maintainer of my node had called bin/dial directly,
rather than using $DIAL which works much better thanks!   :-)

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, VA3NNW/G7RZQ, K2 #5209.
use Std::Disclaimer; sig@...

David Cameron - IRLP

If you look at what ${DIAL} does (what is called in the script), it prefixes it with aoss, and allows it to run and mix with the audio.

Look at common-functions.sh in the scripts directory.

Dave Cameron

On 04/05/2020 7:13 p.m., Nosey Nick VA3NNW wrote:
David Cameron - IRLP wrote:
If you look at the dial program, there are many options.
$ ./dial --?
usage: dial [options] number ...
Unfortunately on the Pi, it also says:

$ ./bin/dial --tone-time 50 --silent-time 50 --volume 30 73
/dev/dsp: Permission denied

... which I think implies it's trying to use to old obsolete sound system?
Is that a bug, or a config issue?

Cheers!
Nick VA3NNW

Nosey Nick VA3NNW

David Cameron - IRLP wrote:
If you look at the dial program, there are many options.
$ ./dial --?
usage: dial [options] number ...
Unfortunately on the Pi, it also says:

$ ./bin/dial --tone-time 50 --silent-time 50 --volume 30 73
/dev/dsp: Permission denied

... which I think implies it's trying to use to old obsolete sound system?
Is that a bug, or a config issue?

Cheers!
Nick VA3NNW

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, VA3NNW/G7RZQ, K2 #5209.
use Std::Disclaimer; sig@...
Majority, n.: That quality that distinguishes a crime from a law.

Phil Zocco

As root, type “pico –w /home/irlp/custom/environment” (minus the quotes)

Look for:

# This sets a user defined level for regenerated touch tones

export DIAL_OPTIONS="--volume 80"

Change your volume level here.

73,

Phil N1BOW