Setting up a Node #iso

Richard Lenker KB3YRC

I would like to know how to get a node number, I want to expand my hot spot to incorporate a IRLP none number.
Can you direct me.

Richard
KB3YRC

Dave K9DC

Actually that is not allowed. By network policy you are only allowed to connect radios at the end points. So no hot spot functionality is supported. Sorry. Please visit http://www.irlp.net/ for more information.

-k9dc

On 7/3/21 3:58 am, Dave K9DC via groups.io wrote:
Actually that is not allowed. By network policy you are only allowed to connect radios at the end points. So no hot spot functionality is supported. Sorry. Please visit http://www.irlp.net/ for more information.
That would depend on the definition of "hotspot", which is used a lot
these days to mean a low powered node (usually for DV modes) that is
accessed via radio.  A modern example of such a "hotspot" is a MMDVM
digital hotspot, which needs a radio for the mode being used to access.
The hotspot transmits a low powered signal on a ham frequency.

My IRLP node is currently functionally equivalent to a hotspot, as I
have a dummy load on the radio, and the range is only a few hundred
feet, but it's still RF, and enough for a HT to access it the general
vicinity.  I do occasionally put an antenna on, though until I get some
paperwork sorted, I can only do that for short periods of "testing".

I also once had a true IRLP hotspot, which used a 20mW transmitter on
70cm for short range coverage.  That was a secondary system, which I
used for testing, as well as accessing IRLP from a second house that I
was living in.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com