20 years for Node 5960

Phil Zocco

Greetings,

Just wanted to mention that this weekend marks my 20th anniversary with IRLP and node 5960, originally node 596.

So far so good. Thanks to Dave C, Dave G and all who have helped me thru the years.

73,

Phil N1BOW

Nodes 5960 and 4656

AMT MP 113.6

Niantic, CT USA Earth

K7FZO

We join you in sending our thanks to the IRLP team. Our node 7808 has been on the air since the summer of 2002.

73,
Thom
K7FZO
--
73 de K7FZO / Thom

Cary Honeywell

Congrats. Long hauler. I brought up 2040 in September 2001 and 2053 in 2007. Dave and his crew have been a great resource.

_ Cary _
VE3EV
Node 2040 2053

On Sat, Jun 11, 2022 at 11:12 PM Phil Zocco <n1bow@...> wrote:

Greetings,

Just wanted to mention that this weekend marks my 20th anniversary with IRLP and node 5960, originally node 596.

So far so good. Thanks to Dave C, Dave G and all who have helped me thru the years.

73,

Phil N1BOW

Nodes 5960 and 4656

AMT MP 113.6

Niantic, CT USA Earth

John

Hear Hear,
Dave, light up the candles, and we'll all fly over for your birthday
and help blow them out.

Cheers from Down Under
VK4JKL & co

LOL

On 12/06/2022 1:26 pm, K7FZO wrote:
We join you in sending our thanks to the IRLP team. Our node 7808 has been on the air since the summer of 2002.
73,
Thom
K7FZO
--
73 de K7FZO / Thom

Rick Szajkowski

Congrats

I have been on and some time off for over 20 years now also

Keep up the great work

Node 212 ( ops 2120)

Richard Szajkowski VA3RZS,VA3ZJ,VE3BTE

On Jun 12, 2022, at 12:34 AM, John <gielisj@...> wrote:

Hear Hear,
Dave, light up the candles, and we'll all fly over for your birthday
and help blow them out.

Cheers from Down Under
VK4JKL & co

LOL

On 12/06/2022 1:26 pm, K7FZO wrote:
We join you in sending our thanks to the IRLP team. Our node 7808 has been on the air since the summer of 2002.
73,
Thom
K7FZO
--
73 de K7FZO / Thom

Vince Buono

Hi Phil,

Well said! I too have been on IRLP since 2/2/2002; originally as node 491 and then 4910. It has been a great run. I’ve had many good QSO’s on the East Coast Reflector, and many other nodes. Thanks again to Dave C, Dave G, and Vic - N3IO, who introduced me to IRLP.

73, Vince WA3ADI

On 12/6/22 1:12 pm, Phil Zocco wrote:

Greetings,

Just wanted to mention that this weekend marks my 20th anniversary with IRLP and node 5960, originally node 596.

So far so good. Thanks to Dave C, Dave G and all who have helped me thru the years.

This weekend, 21 years ago, 6300 (formerly 630) became the first IRLP node in VK3.  My own node - 6390 (639) followed in the first week of September that year.  6390 is currently offline (but reporting to the servers), until I can get a chance to rebuild it on a new PC.

Time flies, as even the newest part of my IRLP infrastructure - reflector 9550, turns 13 later this year.

-- 73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL http://vkradio.com

Gary - AG0N

On Jun 11, 2022, at 21:12, Phil Zocco <n1bow@...> wrote:

Just wanted to mention that this weekend marks my 20th anniversary with IRLP and node 5960, originally node 596.
Congratulations, Phil!

Hey, do you know anyone with good working knowledge of Dave’s embedded node? I bought one (slightly used one month) from a guy. It was on the air for a bit and then he lost interest and went away from it. He offered it to me for half price so I grabbed it to replace my crashed node (computer). I have installed a new firmware chip from Dave (LTD), but have had a lot of medical issues come up, as well as mental ones.

I need help! I’d like to put it on the air so my node is back on. Every time I get it out and look at it wanting to work on it, I mostly draw blanks. I’d really like to get back on the network so I can get to other more important things. The firmware from Dave is supposed to be set up with my 3055 number, despite the fact that it’s been off the air for quite awhile.

Any help or steerage you can provide would sure be welcome. I’m just hoping I am capable of getting it back up and running.

Thanks,
Gary - AG0N