Topics

Active indicator

w7gk_1

We're operating our IRLP using Red Hat linux. It's a node we've been using for years but had to physically relocate it and it hasn't worked since. Am wondering if the PC is communicating with the link radio talking to our IRLP repeater and if the PC is communicating with our ISP. Is there a linux command that will bring up a screen on the monitor that will tell us what's connected and functioning? Thanks.

k9dc

Yes, there are several. Are you logged in the the system console? They all require you be logged in to the machine. Also what is your node number?

-k9dc

On Aug 2, 2020, at 03:50, w7gk_1 via groups.io <w7gk_1=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

We're operating our IRLP using Red Hat linux. It's a node we've been using for years but had to physically relocate it and it hasn't worked since. Am wondering if the PC is communicating with the link radio talking to our IRLP repeater and if the PC is communicating with our ISP. Is there a linux command that will bring up a screen on the monitor that will tell us what's connected and functioning? Thanks.

w7gk_1

Logged in, yes. Node 3806

On Sunday, August 2, 2020, 04:00:39 AM PDT, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:

Yes, there are several. Are you logged in the the system console?  They all require you be logged in to the machine.  Also what is your node number?

-k9dc

> On Aug 2, 2020, at 03:50, w7gk_1 via groups.io <w7gk_1=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> We're operating our IRLP using Red Hat linux. It's a node we've been using for years but had to physically relocate it and it hasn't worked since. Am wondering if the PC is communicating with the link radio talking to our IRLP repeater and if the PC is communicating with our ISP. Is there a linux command that will bring up a screen on the monitor that will tell us what's connected and functioning? Thanks.

k9dc

I can see your node on the Internet, so it is talking to your ISP just fine. The main test is using the 'troubleshoot-irlp' command. All tests should pass.

To monitor the radio interface, use the ‘readinput’ command. This will display all action on the radio port, COS, PTT, DTMF digits decoded etc. Ctrl-C to drop readinput.

-k9dc

On Aug 2, 2020, at 11:47, w7gk_1 via groups.io <w7gk_1=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Logged in, yes. Node 3806

On Sunday, August 2, 2020, 04:00:39 AM PDT, k9dc <dave@...> wrote:
Yes, there are several. Are you logged in the the system console? They all require you be logged in to the machine. Also what is your node number?

-k9dc

On Aug 2, 2020, at 03:50, w7gk_1 via groups.io <w7gk_1=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

We're operating our IRLP using Red Hat linux. It's a node we've been using for years but had to physically relocate it and it hasn't worked since. Am wondering if the PC is communicating with the link radio talking to our IRLP repeater and if the PC is communicating with our ISP. Is there a linux command that will bring up a screen on the monitor that will tell us what's connected and functioning? Thanks.

w7gk_1

Had the feeling the TCP ports were doing the job but the UDP ports weren't passing audio. The ports are forwarded in the router and my ISP tells me they're not blocking the UDPs on their side so this isn't making sense. Am presuming the IRLP software has those ports open. The club's original IRLP host is gone so unable to ask him how he made it work. Any way thanks for your help. If anything occurs to you that might be useful getting this node running would appreciate hearing from you. Tnx agn. Dave, W7Gk, Elko ARC.