Topics

can't connect to our node 5730 raspberry pi

Randy N9NWA

I ran the troubleshoot script and all comes back ok. I get a time out message.
Some of the users connect but they get a rpc time out disconnect in the log.
I rebooted the comcast modem and restarted the router
The problem still exists.
I don't know what to do next.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Randy N9NWA
node 5370 W99DUP

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application

David Cameron - IRLP

You have added some test lines somewhere in your system:

test@irlp:~$ telnet stn5370 15425
Trying 73.74.72.150...
Connected to stn5370.
Escape character is '^]'.
stn537 - w9dup : Welcome 159.89.122.231

challenge from 5370: 1582261370821452

test1
test2
test3
Connection closed by foreign host.

That causes the errors. Find and remove those test lines and your node will work again.

Dave Cameron

On 20/02/2020 8:56 p.m., Randy N9NWA wrote:
I ran the troubleshoot script and all comes back ok. I get a time out message.
Some of the users connect but they get a rpc time out disconnect in the log.
I rebooted the comcast modem and restarted the router
The problem still exists.
I don't know what to do next.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Randy N9NWA
node 5370 W99DUP

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application

Randy N9NWA

David

I have these lines in my custom on file, they have been there for a few years.
I did just comment them out but same problem.
I looked for the lines in other files in case I accidentally copied the lines there but cant find them.
I tried the line in command prompt and it doesn't work. test@irlp:~$ telnet stn5370 15425

Randy

David Cameron - IRLP wrote:

[...]

To test locally, you need

telnet localhost 15425

Dave

David Cameron - IRLP wrote:
> You have added some test lines somewhere in your system:
>

> Trying 73.74.72.150...
> Connected to stn5370.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> stn537 - w9dup : Welcome 159.89.122.231
>
> challenge from 5370: 1582261370821452
>
> test1
> test2
> test3
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> That causes the errors. Find and remove those test lines and your node
> will work again.
>
> Dave Cameron
>

> On 20/02/2020 8:56 p.m., Randy N9NWA wrote:
>> I ran the troubleshoot script and all comes back ok. I get a time out
>> message.
>> Some of the users connect but they get a rpc time out disconnect in
>> the log.
>> I rebooted the comcast modem and restarted the router
>>   The problem still exists.
>> I don't know what to do next.
>> Anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>> Randy N9NWA
>> node 5370 W99DUP
>>

>> Sent from Xfinity Connect Application

John

You may need to call 'update files' after changing your custom on file.
John @ 6163

David Cameron - IRLP wrote:
You have added some test lines somewhere in your system:

Trying 73.74.72.150...
Connected to stn5370.
Escape character is '^]'.
stn537 - w9dup : Welcome 159.89.122.231

challenge from 5370: 1582261370821452

test1
test2
test3
Connection closed by foreign host.

That causes the errors. Find and remove those test lines and your node will work again.

Dave Cameron

On 20/02/2020 8:56 p.m., Randy N9NWA wrote:
I ran the troubleshoot script and all comes back ok. I get a time out message.
Some of the users connect but they get a rpc time out disconnect in the log.
I rebooted the comcast modem and restarted the router

Randy N9NWA

David

I ran the telnet localhost 15425repeater@stn537:~/$ telnet localhost 15425
This what I get. Looks like the test lines are not there any more but I still cant connect thru the echo-link app.

Randy

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
stn537 - w9dup : Welcome 127.0.0.1
Connection closed by foreign host.
repeater@stn537:~/$ repeater@stn537:~/$ telnet localhost 15425
-bash: repeater@stn537:~/$: No such file or directory
repeater@stn537:~/$ Trying 127.0.0.1...
-bash: Trying: command not found
repeater@stn537:~/$ Connected to localhost.
-bash: Connected: command not found
repeater@stn537:~/$ Escape character is '^]'.
-bash: Escape: command not found
repeater@stn537:~/$ stn537 - w9dup : Welcome 127.0.0.1
-bash: stn537: command not found
repeater@stn537:~/$ Connection closed by foreign host.
-bash: Connection: command not found
repeater@stn537:~/$ repeater@stn537:~/$
-bash: repeater@stn537:~/$: No such file or directory
repeater@stn537:~/$

David Cameron - IRLP wrote:

To test locally, you need

telnet localhost 15425

Dave

David Cameron - IRLP wrote:
[...]

Thanks I tried that and also rebooted the node. It did not fix it.

Thanks
Randy

David Cameron - IRLP wrote:
You have added some test lines somewhere in your system:

Trying 73.74.72.150...
Connected to stn5370.
Escape character is '^]'.
stn537 - w9dup : Welcome 159.89.122.231

challenge from 5370: 1582261370821452

test1
test2
test3
Connection closed by foreign host.

That causes the errors. Find and remove those test lines and your
node > will work again.

Dave Cameron

On 20/02/2020 8:56 p.m., Randy N9NWA wrote:
I ran the troubleshoot script and all comes back ok. I get a time
out >> message.
Some of the users connect but they get a rpc time out disconnect
in >> the log.
I rebooted the comcast modem and restarted the router

k9dc

So this is an Echolink problem? You did not say that in your original post, so everyone was assuming and testing IRLP. It would help if you could describe the problem you are having, exactly. There are a plethora of problems that can cause Echolink to fail.

-k9dc

On Feb 21, 2020, at 01:02, Randy N9NWA <@N9nwa> wrote:

David
I ran the telnet localhost 15425repeater@stn537:~/$ telnet localhost 15425
This what I get. Looks like the test lines are not there any more but I still cant connect thru the echo-link app.

Randy

Randy N9NWA

Dave, K9dc

I am not sure if irlp works when a station connects to us but I can run the decode 9999 and that works, but this is an echo link problem.
When a user or I try to connect via echo-link the connection times out.

Randy

On February 21, 2020 at 8:43 AM k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:

So this is an Echolink problem? You did not say that in your original post, so everyone was assuming and testing IRLP. It would help if you could describe the problem you are having, exactly. There are a plethora of problems that can cause Echolink to fail.

-k9dc

On Feb 21, 2020, at 01:02, Randy N9NWA <@N9nwa> wrote:

David
I ran the telnet localhost 15425repeater@stn537:~/$ telnet localhost 15425
This what I get. Looks like the test lines are not there any more but I still cant connect thru the echo-link app.

Randy

k9dc

I know very little about the EchoIRLP software as it is not an IRLP.net product. But are you logged in to Echolink, does your node show up in the list on another client or their website? What is your Echolink ID?

-k9dc

On Feb 21, 2020, at 10:38, Randy N9NWA <@N9nwa> wrote:

Dave, K9dc

I am not sure if irlp works when a station connects to us but I can run the decode 9999 and that works, but this is an echo link problem.
When a user or I try to connect via echo-link the connection times out.

Randy

Randy N9NWA

Dave
Yes it does show up as on line. ID is W9DUP-R

Randy

On February 21, 2020 at 9:45 AM k9dc <Dave@...> wrote:

I know very little about the EchoIRLP software as it is not an IRLP.net product. But are you logged in to Echolink, does your node show up in the list on another client or their website? What is your Echolink ID?

-k9dc

On Feb 21, 2020, at 10:38, Randy N9NWA <@N9nwa> wrote:

Dave, K9dc

I am not sure if irlp works when a station connects to us but I can run the decode 9999 and that works, but this is an echo link problem.
When a user or I try to connect via echo-link the connection times out.

Randy

k9dc

I did just connect to your repeater, and had a nice conversation with a station, so things appear to be working fine. There is no guarantee that any particular station is still functioning though.

If you want to give me a call on IRLP 4733, or Echolink 4733, I am here for a while.

-k9dc