Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 3:09 PM
From: "Albert Febraro" <w6aax@...>
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: [IRLP] Cannot connect to Admin page
For some reason I cannot reach the admin login page when entering my node IP address. I used to be able to access it from favorites, now all I get is " Unable to connect"  Can't establish a connection to the server.
Nothing changed with my forwarded ports and can SSH to the Pi through port 22. Any ideas?
Al
W6AAX

Dave K9DC

what is your node number?

-k9dc

On Oct 18, 2020, at 18:09, Albert Febraro <w6aax@hotmail.com> wrote:

For some reason I cannot reach the admin login page when entering my node IP address. I used to be able to access it from favorites, now all I get is " Unable to connect" Can't establish a connection to the server.
Nothing changed with my forwarded ports and can SSH to the Pi through port 22. Any ideas?
Al
W6AAX

Rick NK7I

That issue is precisely why you reserve the node MAC number to a specific IP address In the router, so it never changes.

If the OP didn’t lock it up that way, it could simply be on a different LAN address.

Rick NK7I

Email spiel Czech corruptions happen

On Oct 18, 2020, at 3:37 PM, Ray - KF6OJE <rtorella@...> wrote:

Al,

Had the same thing happen to me. Try typing the http:// + other info for node and try that. Had to do it that way and resave as favorite. Web browsers keep changing not to access or accept connections to unsecure web addresses.

Ray
KF6OJE

Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 3:09 PM
From: "Albert Febraro" <w6aax@...>
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
For some reason I cannot reach the admin login page when entering my node IP address. I used to be able to access it from favorites, now all I get is " Unable to connect"  Can't establish a connection to the server.
Nothing changed with my forwarded ports and can SSH to the Pi through port 22. Any ideas?
Al
W6AAX

Albert Febraro <w6aax@...>

node 3913

> For some reason I cannot reach the admin login page when entering my node IP address. I used to be able to access it from favorites, now all I get is " Unable to connect"  Can't establish a connection to the server.
> Nothing changed with my forwarded ports and can SSH to the Pi through port 22. Any ideas?
> Al
> W6AAX

Albert Febraro <w6aax@...>

Tried the http route without success. ( http://192.168.0.xxx/control/index.php)
The IP address of the Pi never changed since day one.  The ports in the router reflect the current IP address for the Pi.
Al
W6AAX

Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 3:09 PM
From: "Albert Febraro" <w6aax@...>
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
For some reason I cannot reach the admin login page when entering my node IP address. I used to be able to access it from favorites, now all I get is " Unable to connect"  Can't establish a connection to the server.
Nothing changed with my forwarded ports and can SSH to the Pi through port 22. Any ideas?
Al
W6AAX

Dave K9DC

Do you know what port the web server was configured to use? Your URL suggests you are trying 80 (standard for http), but 15426 is common for remote admin, but 15426 is not forwarded to your node. 15425 works fine though.

-k9dc

Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 3:09 PM
From: "Albert Febraro" <w6aax@hotmail.com>
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
For some reason I cannot reach the admin login page when entering my node IP address. I used to be able to access it from favorites, now all I get is " Unable to connect" Can't establish a connection to the server.
Nothing changed with my forwarded ports and can SSH to the Pi through port 22. Any ideas?
Al
W6AAX

Albert Febraro <w6aax@...>

Dave:
  Interesting.  Do you suggest I forward 15426? to the node IP address?
Thanks, and 73,
Al

Do you know what port the web server was configured to use?  Your URL suggests you are trying 80 (standard for http), but 15426 is common for remote admin, but 15426 is not forwarded to your node.  15425 works fine though.

-k9dc

> On Oct 18, 2020, at 19:13, Albert Febraro <w6aax@...> wrote:
>
> Tried the http route without success. ( http://192.168.0.xxx/control/index.php)
> The IP address of the Pi never changed since day one.  The ports in the router reflect the current IP address for the Pi.
> Al
> W6AAX

Dave K9DC

It won’t matter if you are using the LAN IP address, but you need to include the port in the URL http://192.168.0.xxx:15426/control (assuming you are using 15426). If you use the domain name, it depends on your router. You might have to add it, might not.

-k9dc

On Oct 18, 2020, at 19:30, Albert Febraro <w6aax@hotmail.com> wrote:

Dave:
Interesting. Do you suggest I forward 15426? to the node IP address?
Thanks, and 73,
Al

Do you know what port the web server was configured to use? Your URL suggests you are trying 80 (standard for http), but 15426 is common for remote admin, but 15426 is not forwarded to your node. 15425 works fine though.

-k9dc

Ken Arck

I'm curious

Why on Earth does he need to worry about router forwarding on his own, internal, private LAN 192.168.x.x)?

At 04:30 PM 10/18/2020, you wrote:
Dave:
  Interesting.  Do you suggest I forward 15426? to the node IP address?
Thanks, and 73,
Al

From: IRLP@irlp.groups.io <IRLP@irlp.groups.io> on behalf of k9dc <Dave@...> Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2020 4:26 PM To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io <IRLP@irlp.groups.io> Subject: Re: [IRLP] Cannot connect to Admin page
Do you know what port the web server was configured to use?  Your URL suggests you are trying 80 (standard for http), but 15426 is common for remote admin, but 15426 is not forwarded to your node.  15425 works fine though. -k9dc > On Oct 18, 2020, at 19:13, Albert Febraro <w6aax@...> wrote: > > Tried the http route without success. ( http://192.168.0.xxx/control/index.php) > The IP address of the Pi never changed since day one.  The ports in the router reflect the current IP address for the Pi. > Al > W6AAX > > From: IRLP@irlp.groups.io <IRLP@irlp.groups.io> on behalf of Rick NK7I <Rick.NK7I@...> > Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2020 3:51 PM > To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io <IRLP@irlp.groups.io> > Subject: Re: [IRLP] Cannot connect to Admin page > > That issue is precisely why you reserve the node MAC number to a specific IP address In the router, so it never changes. > > If the OP didn’t lock it up that way, it could simply be on a different LAN address. > > Rick NK7I > > Email spiel Czech corruptions happen > >> On Oct 18, 2020, at 3:37 PM, Ray - KF6OJE <rtorella@...> wrote: >> >>  >> Al, >> >> Had the same thing happen to me. Try typing the http:// + other info for node and try that. Had to do it that way and resave as favorite. Web browsers keep changing not to access or accept connections to unsecure web addresses. >> >> Ray >> KF6OJE >> >> >> Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 3:09 PM >> From: "Albert Febraro" <w6aax@...> >> To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io >> Subject: [IRLP] Cannot connect to Admin page >> For some reason I cannot reach the admin login page when entering my node IP address. I used to be able to access it from favorites, now all I get is " Unable to connect"  Can't establish a connection to the server. >> Nothing changed with my forwarded ports and can SSH to the Pi through port 22. Any ideas? >> Al >> W6AAX >
President and CTO - Arcom Controllers
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
https://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave.
We we offer complete turn-key repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"
[]

Dave K9DC

He doesn’t. That was my point. But he needs to include the port number in the URL if it is something other than 80.

-k9dc

On Oct 18, 2020, at 19:30, Ken Arck <ken@arcomcontrollers.com> wrote:

 I'm curious

Why on Earth does he need to worry about router forwarding on his own, internal, private LAN 192.168.x.x)?

At 04:30 PM 10/18/2020, you wrote:
Dave:
 Interesting. Do you suggest I forward 15426? to the node IP address?
Thanks, and 73,
Al

Ken Arck

Very true