Topics

Change Frequency

David Snow Sr

--
Help I had to change my frequency and now my node is not working when i go in to the node status it brings up my one node. I am running three node from my house. If i remember there is a way to bring up the other nodes with out having it attached to only one IP Address. Any Help ??

Thanks
KD6RGX
Dave

k9dc

Nope. you can only ever have a single node on the same IP address. It has always been that way, do not expect that to change.

If you are running Debian, you can sign up for the free IRLP VPN service, which will provide additional unique IP addresses for each of your nodes. For information see https://irlp.groups.io/g/IRLP/files/IRLP%20VPN%20Service

I have no idea what changing your frequency has to do with any of that.

-k9dc

On Apr 30, 2020, at 16:10, David Snow Sr <drsnowsr11@...> wrote:

--
Help I had to change my frequency and now my node is not working when i go in to the node status it brings up my one node. I am running three node from my house. If i remember there is a way to bring up the other nodes with out having it attached to only one IP Address. Any Help ??

Thanks
KD6RGX
Dave

David Cameron - IRLP

You have to make the changes from the node itself, or from a router that has the same "external IP" as the node.

I assume you are running nodes on the IRLP VPN if you have three of them. If that is the case, you have to turn off the VPN, update the IP address of the node on the IRLP servers, wait a few minutes, then you will be able to choose between the nodes behind the same IP as your browser.

If you want to bypass this, just edit the status page info on the node itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1AGGq1HmkQ

David Cameron

On 2020-04-30 1:10 p.m., David Snow Sr wrote:
--
Help I had to change my frequency and now my node is not working when i go in to the node status it brings up my one node. I am running three node from my house. If i remember there is a way to bring up the other nodes with out having it attached to only one IP Address. Any Help ??
Thanks
KD6RGX
Dave

David Snow Sr

Ya that I do know that they all have the own IP Address all I did was change the frequency and the node stopped working so I think I need to update the node info to see if that fix the problem ?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Help I had to change my frequency and now my node is not working when i go in to the node status it brings up my one node. I am running three node from my house. If i remember there is a way to bring up the other nodes with out having it attached to only one IP Address. Any Help ??

Thanks
KD6RGX
Dave

k9dc

Log in to each node and run the command
telnet IRLP.net 10000
That will confirm your IP address

-k9dc

On Apr 30, 2020, at 19:07, David Snow Sr <drsnowsr11@...> wrote:

Ya that I do know that they all have the own IP Address all I did was change the frequency and the node stopped working so I think I need to update the node info to see if that fix the problem ?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Nope. you can only ever have a single node on the same IP address. It has always been that way, do not expect that to change.

If you are running Debian, you can sign up for the free IRLP VPN service, which will provide additional unique IP addresses for each of your nodes. For information see  https://irlp.groups.io/g/IRLP/files/IRLP%20VPN%20Service

I have no idea what changing your frequency has to do with any of that.

-k9dc

David Snow Sr

Sorry also I’m not running VPN

--
Help I had to change my frequency and now my node is not working when i go in to the node status it brings up my one node. I am running three node from my house. If i remember there is a way to bring up the other nodes with out having it attached to only one IP Address. Any Help ??

Thanks
KD6RGX
Dave

--
Help I had to change my frequency and now my node is not working when i go in to the node status it brings up my one node. I am running three node from my house. If i remember there is a way to bring up the other nodes with out having it attached to only one IP Address. Any Help ??

Thanks
KD6RGX
Dave

David Snow Sr

Thank You Dave for your help Got the node working but I don’t know why it did what it did but I did fixed it with help

David Snow

KD6RGX