Topics

Connect with PTT lockup

Ed Yoho <edyoho@...>

Yesterday, one of the local users tried to connect to the Kitchener node
(241) while concurrently listening to their Real Audio feed.

When the node connected, my connect message came out of the Kitchener node,
and my node hung in transmit without locally playing a connect message.

Sending the disconnect command caused the disconnect wave file to be played
on Kitchener, no wave file locally, and the PTT released.
This was tried a couple of times with the same results.

I tried restarting the IRLP processes and the system hung during the
"Updating IRLP Filesystem" phase. After waiting around fifteen minutes, I
restarted the computer and all was normal again.

Has this happened to anyone else here, and if so, what was causing it?

Thanks,
Ed Yoho
WA6RQD
node 315

T. Glen Haggard <glen@...>

I have a problem with Vegas node. When ever I connect it plays the welcome
message and then stays keyed up and never lets go. I have to go to the
computer to disconnect. This is the only node that I have a problem with
that I am aware of.

Glen

[...]

Bret Mills <bmills@...>

My Node (327) did the same thing with Las Vegas and what I tracked it down to was that the Las Vegas NODE sends a MACRO after the connection is made as does mine, His controller RLC-1 Controller respondsto the IRLP MACRO with a BEEP BEEP for each command in the RLC-1 Macro.
My IRLP MACRO was sending DTMF to my RLC-3 which I had a voice message. I turned off my Voice anouncement on my RLC-3 Repeater controller and the problem went away except when timing is just right when people key up to quickly right after a connection.
THIS IS A IRLP problem which hasn't been addressed.
I sent several EMAILS about this on the reflector about 3 weeks ago when Kent and I were tracking it down.
73's
Bret
WX7Y
NODE 327

> Yesterday, one of the local users tried to connect to the Kitchener node
> (241) while concurrently listening to their Real Audio feed.
>
> When the node connected, my connect message came out of the Kitchener
node,
> and my node hung in transmit without locally playing a connect message.
>
> Sending the disconnect command caused the disconnect wave file to be
played
> on Kitchener, no wave file locally, and the PTT released.
> This was tried a couple of times with the same results.
>
> I tried restarting the IRLP processes and the system hung during the
> "Updating IRLP Filesystem" phase. After waiting around fifteen minutes, I
> restarted the computer and all was normal again.
>
> Has this happened to anyone else here, and if so, what was causing it?
>
> Thanks,
> Ed Yoho
> WA6RQD
> node 315

Kent B. Johnson <w7aor@...>

Glen, I sure would like to be a round when you connect to LV so I could see what is going on here. Catch me on the reflector and then we can go node to node.

The Las Vegas Property Exchange
http://www.LVPropertyExchange.com

[...]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

T. Glen Haggard <glen@...>

I wasn't around last night, I believe from what I am told it was your node
that connected to us and that it worked for awhile but the locked up. I am
not sure what happened but this is the problem I e-mailed you about last
week. I wasn't around on Friday, instead I was on the mountain working on
radios. I can try right now if you are around. Maybe you can connect to me
and I will listen. I will be up until about 1:00 PM, then I have to go to
bed.

Glen KK7IH

[...]

Just read this at 7:30 pm.

Yes, it locked up, but unlocked when I keyed up and was OK from that point on. I have a control hook up error to fix and I think tomorrow it will be fixed. Thanks.

[...]

I will be around from about 10:00 AM until about 1:00 PM tomorrow. If you
need to do it later call Richard N7TGB after 5:00 PM or so.

Glen