From: Elden W7LDN
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 5:50 PM
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: [IRLP] connection cannot be authenticated

Greetings. I'm trying to connect up to a couple of different reflectors today and I'm getting a weird error. The screen (which I've attached) shows things that look pretty normal. But the voice from the node says:

"An error has occurred. The connection cannot be authenticated."

Can someone help me? The IRLP status page for my node shows that I am connected and all is well.

Elden W7LDN

Thank you for the info Fred. But the email address you were attempting to supply me is incomplete. Can you please give me the full address?

Fred

installs@...

On Jan 15, 2020, at 6:18 PM, Elden W7LDN <w7ldn@...> wrote:

Thank you for the info Fred. But the email address you were attempting to supply me is incomplete. Can you please give me the full address?

Elden W7LDN

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 04:35 PM, Fred wrote:
installs@...
I'm sorry Fred, but that is not a valid email address. Are you not seeing what I am seeing?

There is no domain on the address you are giving me.

Elden W7LDN

Maybe just give me the domain... since that is the part that I am missing.

John

I have to wonder if Yahoo (or another server) is truncating the address that Eldon sees?
installs AT irlp DOT net

73 John # 6163

On 16/01/2020 10:35:34 AM, Fred via Groups.Io (w5mgm=aol.com@groups.io) wrote:
installs@...
On Jan 15, 2020, at 6:18 PM, Elden W7LDN <w7ldn@...> wrote:
Thank you for the info Fred. But the email address you were attempting to supply me is incomplete. Can you please give me the full address?

Elden W7LDN

Thank you Fred. Got your email and I've sent the email to that address. Hoping for a good result.

Elden W7LDN

Edited

John I think you are right. The groups.io website was probably abbreviating the address. They probably figure everyone on this group knows what the "default" domain is for the subject at hand. (which is rather stupid I might add)

Richard n

Yahoo does exactly that

Richard, AJ7E

On 1/15/2020 4:49 PM, John wrote:
I have to wonder if Yahoo (or another server) is truncating the address that Eldon sees?
installs AT irlp DOT net

73 John # 6163

On 16/01/2020 10:35:34 AM, Fred via Groups.Io (w5mgm=aol.com@groups.io) wrote:
installs@...
On Jan 15, 2020, at 6:18 PM, Elden W7LDN <w7ldn@...> wrote:
Thank you for the info Fred. But the email address you were
attempting to supply me is incomplete. Can you please give me the full address?

k9dc

Actually groups.io intentionally obfuscates all email addresses, to avoid the spam harvesting robots. You can avoid that by placing a space after the @. Like this: installs@ IRLP.net

-k9dc

On Jan 15, 2020, at 20:46, Elden W7LDN <w7ldn@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

John I think you are right. The groups.io website was probably abbreviating the address. They probably figure everyone on this group knows what the "default" domain is for the subject at hand. (which is rather stupid I might add)_._,_._,_

Phil Zocco

obfuscate” verb:  to render obscure, unclear or unintelligible

I wonder if any of the 3 Jeopardy! Champions knew that one?

I learn something new every day.

Thanks, Dave.

73,

Phil N1BOW