Topics

Converting to Raspberry Pi

Lonney [KL3NO]

HI all,

I'd like to rebuild my node into a compact and easily portal unit using a Raspberry Pi and Baofeng HT.

I found some information here that seems to cover the technical details - http://irlp.net/pi/directions.txt

Can anyone recommend Raspberry Pi kits and/or anything else useful to know when converting an existing node?

Thanks in advance!

Lonney
KL3NO
Node 7441

Rick May

Hi Lonney,

  E-mail me direct kc0hh@...  or call me on Node 7972   I can help with the Raspberry Pi stuff

73' Rick KC0HH
Lamar, Colorado

On Sunday, January 26, 2020, 02:49:37 PM MST, Lonney [KL3NO] via Groups.Io <lonney.harper@...> wrote:

HI all,

I'd like to rebuild my node into a compact and easily portal unit using a Raspberry Pi and Baofeng HT.

I found some information here that seems to cover the technical details - http://irlp.net/pi/directions.txt

Can anyone recommend Raspberry Pi kits and/or anything else useful to know when converting an existing node?

Thanks in advance!

Lonney
KL3NO
Node 7441

Mike

Lonney,

I bought a Pi 4 kit with a case off of Amazon and it works great.  I could not find a tall enough Pi 4 case to fit in the IRLP board as well.  So, I bought a second plastic box off of Amazon also.

Regards,

MikeD
KI7JBV

Nosey Nick VA3NNW

Mike via Groups.Io wrote:
I bought a Pi 4 kit with a case off of Amazon and it works great.  I
could not find a tall enough Pi 4 case to fit in the IRLP board as
well.  So, I bought a second plastic box off of Amazon also.
If you know someone with a 3D printer, they'd probably be delighted to
print one from thingiverse.com for you?

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, VA3NNW/G7RZQ, K2 #5209.
use Std::Disclaimer; sig@...