Topics

Custom connect and disconnect sound files

Ken Pokigo

 Does anyone have any information how to go about making a custom connect
& disconnect message that people connecting into our node will hear
instead of the basic "connected to node  xxxx"?

I know how to create the wave files for these.  What do they need to be named and what location do I copy them too?
Also what tells the IRLP system to begin using them.

Thanks

Ken KC2AYK
node: 8029

Hello Ken,

Use this link and follow Step 3:

http://www.irlp.net/new-install/afterinstallv2.pdf

After you have completed that, you may go to the /home/irlp/scripts directory and then type ./play_my_ids

Keep in mind it will take some time for your custom message to get through the system, but over all it is rather quick.