From: Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...>
Date: 1/23/20 2:42 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io
Subject: [IRLP] CW ID

I finally got my node back up, thanks to Dave. Now I'm trying to get all the bells working. I installed the CW ID tar. I followed all the instructions in the read me file. Now the problem.

The instructions require me to edit the script with my call and interval. I can't find the line in the script.

Did I miss something, or mess up. Remember keep it simple. My knowledge is about 5%.

So KISS

--

Charlie Wa2gug

Thanks again Dave. Just set ptt to ptt. Will listen in 10min. Also does speak time work anymore?

Charlie wa2gug
ARRL FIELD INSTRUCTOR, VE

The id is built into the system now. If you look at the interval id entries in the environment file at:

/home/irlp/custom/environment

From: Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...>
Date: 1/23/20 2:42 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io

I finally got my node back up, thanks to Dave. Now I'm trying to get all the bells working. I installed the CW ID tar. I followed all the instructions in the read me file. Now the problem.

The instructions require me to edit the script with my call and interval. I can't find the line in the script.

Did I miss something, or mess up. Remember keep it simple. My knowledge is about 5%.

So KISS

--

Charlie Wa2gug

Dave,
1 more question. Do those pins need to be shorted? The system keys the radio on reboot.

Charlie wa2gug
ARRL FIELD INSTRUCTOR, VE

From: Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...>
Date: 1/23/20 2:42 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io

I finally got my node back up, thanks to Dave. Now I'm trying to get all the bells working. I installed the CW ID tar. I followed all the instructions in the read me file. Now the problem.

The instructions require me to edit the script with my call and interval. I can't find the line in the script.

Did I miss something, or mess up. Remember keep it simple. My knowledge is about 5%.

So KISS

This is an embedded node? I am confused about which system you have. If its something I built, the AUX1 and PTT will be bridged. It is not uncommon for PTT to be applied until the parallel port driver initializes.

Dave Cameron

From: Charlie Wa2gug <wa2gug@...>
Date: 1/23/20 2:42 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: IRLP@irlp.groups.io

I finally got my node back up, thanks to Dave. Now I'm trying to get all the bells working. I installed the CW ID tar. I followed all the instructions in the read me file. Now the problem.

The instructions require me to edit the script with my call and interval. I can't find the line in the script.

Did I miss something, or mess up. Remember keep it simple. My knowledge is about 5%.

So KISS

--

This is a 15+ year old board. In a Dell rack mounted pc. It probable needs the bridge, I'll pull it out of the rack and short them. Worked on Centos a year ago when the drive died. Been messed up since then. Too much going on to look at it the past year.

Thanks for your time and patients.

--

Charlie Wa2gug

Dave,
Shorted pin 2 and 3. I think the comm port may be blowned. Radio keys up as soon as cable is in machine. Wiring was good  took out short, still keys up radio.
I unpluged cable and shut off radio.

Time to step back. Unless I missed something.

Charlie wa2gug
ARRL FIELD INSTRUCTOR, VE

This is an embedded node? I am confused about which system you have. If
its something I built, the AUX1 and PTT will be bridged. It is not
uncommon for PTT to be applied until the parallel port driver initializes.

Dave Cameron

On 23/01/2020 2:13 p.m., Charlie Wa2gug wrote:
> Dave,
> 1 more question. Do those pins need to be shorted? The system keys the
> radio on reboot.
>

> Charlie wa2gug
> ARRL FIELD INSTRUCTOR, VE

David Cameron - IRLP

What happens when you remove the db25 parallel cable from the irlp board?